Watching the show

by Teddnzo 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"By this reasoning, since I have never died before, that means I'll live forever, right?"

Dumb example. We've all been to a funeral.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Asking Questions is dangerous in the Jw World. They will start or already have marked you as an Apostate. Why would you want to listen to they wild off the wall bull anyway?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What happened to, and where is Tony Morris. Lol

im just curious but what does the NZ of Teddnzo stand for. PM me if you don’t want to say it on a public forum.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Thanks for all welcome messages.

Asking questions does not automatically make you an apostate. The correct meaning of apostasy is speaking against your old beliefs. In Islam the Quran says if someone leaves and speaks against the faith they should be killed. But if someone leaves and does not speak against the faith they are not apostate.

This meaning of apostate has been twisted. I could leave the faith of JWs but still go to meetings/conventions and take part in certain things occasionally but I have left and I’m not apostate. It’s only after I speak against Jehovah and the Bible that I become apostate. Even if I am in my mind but never voice it then I am not apostate.

I have reasons why I don’t want to be shunned so I will not even voice or do anything that will make me be shunned. I know there are others who are like me and many of them fade away I choose to keep going to meetings and sometimes ministry.

There are some big changes coming up in their organisation and I’m on the sidelines watching the show.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Teddnzo,

keep asking questions.

What about Ps.146:3 Do not put your trust in nobles nor in the son of earthling man to whom no salvation belongs etc,etc.Jer.17:5 Cursed is the able bodied man who puts his trust in earthling man,

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Do what you have to do but don't fall for the lie that there's anything wrong with being apostate. Apostasy is nothing more than changing your mind. Explaining your reasons for that is just being human.

People with indefensible positions will demonise former members who undermine their ideology with reason and evidence because they have no rational arguments to protect them.

Name calling is infantile.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Ted... 2 simple questions that did it for me once I started to really think.

1) They stick to the key belief that the last days began in 1914 , Christ’s heavenly “presence”. Jesus said all in one generation. That was 109 years ago ! ... Come on, there is something wrong there.. Nb I don’t buy their definition of a generation either, get them to explain it to you.

2) They maintain that only baptised practicing JWs will survive Armageddon.... When you think about it, that is religious genocide ! Did Jesus teach that? The God I know would never do that .

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The God I know would never do that .

The Flood? The Passover? The commands to Joshua to annihilate everyone enroute to the Promised Land?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Which (You mean what) are the top several points that prove JWs wrong?"

There is nothing that proves that JWs are wrong. The problem is that they are carrying out the process of Christianity improperly.

Doctrinally JWs are sound.

The problem is that they are trying to be a political party in themselves.

They only help themselves when disaster strikes, and don't help others.

JWs have love for themselves with ones from opposing nations and tribes but how is it that the Hutus and Tutsis are the only example that they constantly repeat?

There is just too much on obedience to where it makes them pharisees. The thing is, Jehovah just doesn't care

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Nicolau said "The Flood? The Passover? The commands to Joshua to annihilate everyone enroute to the Promised Land?"

Why are people against God killing the ones against his purpose? The definition of God means he has the power of life and death. He's doing what he is supposed to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit