Watching the show

by Teddnzo 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Hi everyone. I’m new to apostate stuff but have gone deep down a few rabbit holes of late so want to see both sides to everything

Im going to a congregation but am viewed as a bit of a black sheep because I question lots of things but not enough to cause too much trouble.

I’m intrigued watching the show. In my heart I’m pretty sure the governing body are fakes and charlatans.

The entire thing is a big con game. Just the same as most organised religion.

But I like to look at both sides with an objective viewpoint.

which are the top several points that prove JWs wrong?

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Welcome TEDDNZO. I hope you enjoy your time here and benefit from the exchanges.

You have a P.M. (Too long to post here)

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    which are the top several points that prove JWs wrong?

Welcome Teddnzo.

1. The top point is the denial of Justification for its members. I heard a millions times growing up that the New Covenant was only for 144K goverment position in God's Kindgom, and therefore, not for me.

But the bible says that the new covenant is "for the forgiveness of sins" MT. 26: 27-28

Romans 5: 1, 9 says that you cannot escape the wrath of God without being Justified.

You can never be good enough to avoid an adverse judgement because " all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags" (Is. 64: 6) And, "there is no one righteous, no not one".

2. The "All other organizations are false" WT doctrine. Looks like you still struggle with this one. There are lots of good individually goverened groups of Christians out there. Got is saving individuals.... not religions. That is the key point.

The reason we need a persoanl saviour, is because Hebrews 9:27 says there will be a personal judgment AFTER we die. We are not being judged now on how we respond to WT literature. That is absurd.

3. Gal. 1: 8,9 says that if we believe or preach anything other than what the apostles preached, we are "CURSED". This scripture alone destroys most of WT teachings because they admit that things like their two-tier salvation scheme wasn't taught by the apostles. The whole concept of "new light" is destroyed by Gal. 1:8,9

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

What about top several points that prove JWs are right ?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Welcome to the forum Teddnzo and good on you for having an inquisitive and even-handed approach.

I'd argue that "the top several points that prove JWs wrong" are the very same points that prove ALL of Christianity wrong. Maybe that's not what you want to hear but it's true anyway.

Virgins don't have babies, men can't walk on water and corpses don't come back to life.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the forum Ted. Looking forward to your input.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@Nicolaou

Virgins don't have babies, men can't walk on water and corpses don't come back to life.

How do you know that? Is it because that you have never personally experienced these things ?

By this reasoning, since I have never died before, that means I'll live forever, right? That logic doesn't really work does it?.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Nowadays, couldn't a virgin be artificially inseminated and have a baby - and still be a virgin?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Sea Breeze: How do you know that?

How do you not know that? What has blinded you to such plain and obvious truths? Your special pleading, obfuscation and wilful ignorance are more than tiresome and I'm breaking my own promise not to waste time on you Sea Breeze. I won't do it again.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/4799/nicolaou/posts#5784530749751296

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Teddy

I'm going to a congregation but am viewed as a bit of a black sheep because I question lots of things but not enough to cause too much trouble.

None of my business but you seem to have got the measure of the cult.

Stop going to the congregation if possible.

Problem solved. It's a fake religion posing as 'the truth(tm)'.

Get out of her my people and all that jazz.

Check out jwfacts.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit