Have any of you experienced this ?

by codeblue 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

As a married JW, did your spouse ever cheat on you with another JW?

Codeblue

• seedy3
    seedy3

Yes, mine did, codeblue.

He was an inactive witness, and a known playboy around town. He also happened to be the son of a well off JW business owner, his brother was the PO at the time (that was back when the PO position rotated). She got DF'd even though she was the one that took it to the elders, and they had to approch him about it to get a confession. He got PR'd for it. I guess it's who ya know.

Seedy

• codeblue
    codeblue

Seedy:

So sorry to hear of your experience. I too had one...my husband was a ministerial servant. Out of the blue he stepped down from that position. He told me he was getting together with my best friend in the Truth. We got together as couple's with them a lot, so they were like both of our best friends in the congregation. The odd thing is that they both accused us of getting together with THEIR spouse (which never happened)...hmmm...nobody was reproved or nothing....We moved states away because I wasn't recovering from that affair. Then 7 years later he called her again and almost met her. I got tipped off by an annonymous caller before his plans fell thru. They had a year phone correspondence: phone cheating???

The reason I started this thread is because I want to know if this is a RARE occurence or what?

Codeblue

P.S. The cheating husband left me....(numerous affairs later).

• Sassy
    Sassy

I don't think so.. my first cheated on me but with non JWs..

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Boy..that question brings back memories.

I knew a lady that my JW.MIL studied with and she and her daughter became a JW..then they worked on the husband and he eventually became a JW also.

Well after many years..and thinking they were the perfect couple..he decided he was in love with another JW lady in their congregation.

They got divorced..he was disfellowshipped..he married the new lady..and him and his new lady later got reinstated.

He just traded his wife in for a newer model..

Unfortunately his old JW wife got cancer and died within a year after their divorce...

He and his new JW wife and his married daughter are still JW's as far as I know.

But they don't talk very much.

She never really forgave him for what he put her Mom through..

Heartless SOB...

He's probably an Elder again...

Golden Girl..aka..Snoozy..

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I knew a guy who in his early 20's married a sister a few years older who had children. She cheated on him with his best friend. He divorced her and moved back in with his parents. He lost both his spouse and his best friend, neither of them were DFd. I really felt bad for this guy.

• blondie
    blondie

I know a case where 2 different couples traded spouses, cheated, divorced and then married the other one's spouse. Was that a scandal and uncomfortable for those in each one's respective KHs.

• Isis
    Isis

Codeblue,

This is definitely not a rare occurrence. I've seen this happen alot.

Isis

• wednesday
    wednesday

Happens all the time, the congs are a regular Peyton place.

• codeblue
    codeblue

The experience I had, really devastated me. This was suppose to be the Truth (tm)...how can this be happening here?...I guess I was spiritually naieve. (that's what happens when you are raised as a JW)

When the elders got involved they told us we associated "too much"...that caused the problem...Hmmmm...(wondering if they too had experienced this and that is why not much discipline was handed out?

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit