Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

I think it's more defensible as a form of protest than being aggressive and / or physically disruptive - it's the equivalent of standing peacefully across the street with a banner, just brought up-to-date with new technology. I think it's likely to be as equally (in?)effective.

But there is the danger that this still becomes "evidence" that the WTS will use to feed their persecution mantra and boost the feeling that they are all special and there are people out to get them.

Again, I think this is something someone does more for themselves - people don't wake up until they go looking for answers. Personally, I couldn't stand to sit at an assembly for even 10 seconds or waste a minute of my life going to another one but good luck to anyone who can stomach it for whatever reason.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Some of are still stuck in and it made my day at the CA far more fun :-)
  • notjustyet
    notjustyet

I had thought about putting the device like the pirate box tacit wifibandit has used into a briefcase or a large book.

Make the power to the device run through a contact switch that uses a magnet to trip. This would allow you to toggle the power on and off to the device so that if you thought you were being tracked, you could just power it down without drawing attention to yourself.

For instance the handle on the briefcase could be flipped over to one side to power it on and the other to turn the power off.

Inside a large purse you could just have a much button toggle switch to turn it on and off, just reach in and push the button.

These would be the devices that would host some actual info like the jwfacts.com site or the elders book etc,..

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

For info hosting devices another idea as far as trying to get as much info into the mind of the viewer would be to create a name for the wifi connection that would draw the person into the site. It would need to look as if the WTBTS was creating a wifi connection for pioneers or elders Ministerial servants or Attendants.

Then on the inside write up some Q and A info to look like the WTBTS was sending out info to the elders to answer FAQ from the Rank and File. "Questions currently being asked by householders and answers that work"

Q Is it true that the vast majority of archeologist say that Jerusalem fell to the babylonians on 586 BCE instead of the date of 607 BCE?

A: While it's true that there is substantial evidence that this over throw happened in 586 BCE due to cuneiform records etc, the writing department assures us that it happened in 607BCE as Charles Taze Russell determined by comparing these years to the internal measurements of the pyramid of Ghiza"

Q and A like this could cover pedophole issues including Royal Australian Commission etc,...

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I can set the device to cycle on and off randomly (chron job). I can turn it on and off remotely as well (ssh into it from command prompt on my phone). I can slip it into my suit pocket and flip the switch on/of manually.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I don't know how to do what everyone is talking about, but that doesn't mean I can't follow the discussion. That said, the one thing that gives some legs to this hotspot thing is this: these conventions and assembly programs are horribly, horribly boring.

Individuals with e-devices are known to go on fishing expeditions to interrupt death by boredom, and this hotspot idea might just compel a few of the nearly-bored-to-death weary attendees enough of an opportunity to go take a look. We know what they'll find. They'll find Watchtower has told lie upon lie. To those who know how to do this I say do it if it makes you happy.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Put it across the convention and watch from a distance to see if they start to track it down.

We also thought about making one of those devices where it loops the person speakings voice directly back at them so as to make them mess up on their speech.

Like this,...

I have a friend who says he can make one.

Then put into the end of a brief case and send it directly at the brother speaking at a convention. People will think he's having a stroke or started speaking in tongues,

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/120583-new-speech-jamming-gun-hints-at-dystopian-big-brother-future

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I can turn it on and off remotely as well (ssh into it from command prompt on my phone).

Have you looked into Hacker's Keyboard for Android?

• cofty
    cofty
    We also thought about making one of those devices where it loops the person speakings voice directly back at them so as to make them mess up on their speech

I remember speaking at a CA where the echo came back very loudly from the back wall about half a second after you had said it. Absolutely horrible experience trying to ignore the echo and keep talking with a normal cadence.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Have you looked into Hacker's Keyboard for Android?

Love that app.

I think the idea of local web server via piratebox (or similar) is great but I do wonder how many people would have the cojones to sit in the sessions reading apostate material.

There is more risk of being outed with a piratebox as well if you have hardware, although it can be run on a rooted phone which would arouse zero suspicion.

I would love to see several SSIDs up at a CA or RC even if they did nothing. The statement of there being numerous dissenters in the midst of the assembly is simple and powerful in my book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit