The new service meeting

by John Aquila 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Interesting post. Indeed, the changes are flowing frequently, so the Witnesses are confused.
  • dugout
    dugout

Yo, this sounds like one those experiences at the conventions.lol They some sharp ass horny 80-90 yr olds. wanna be like them

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'm with slimboyfat and Wasanelder Once. and 2+2=5. Where are WingCommander, Vidiot, & sir82?

Really wish it was true, and not being confrontational, but it just doesn't smell right, especially after reading all the other stories - like these:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5646617008930816/something-interesting

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6038385839833088/no-kingdom-halls-would-definitely-work?page=1&size=20

So, eleven women all stop by at the same time? Did they plan it? If so, why didn't they call first? That's a lot of people for an unannounced visit. If they didn't plan it, then it was a huge coincidence that they all stopped by at the same time.

I could believe it more if your mother was confined at home or living in a nursing home; in that case, it would be more believable that people would stop by unannounced, but your story indicates that your mother is not confined (she goes to meetings). And even if she was confined, eleven is a lot to stop by at one time; that's not a casual visit; that's a party.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Magnum, you know me I'm a charitable guy, but I reckon posters who are taking these stories seriously have got a screw loose somewhere. And to think some other posters criticise me for my grip on reality. I've got a long memory. Some of the same posters bought into Johnny the bethelite I seem to recall...
  • BroMac
    BroMac

I would like to think that this happened for real.

There is too much Andre here for me.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I read this last night and thought it sounded fishy. (Eleven elderly sisters showed up, stayed while you went out and bought them donuts, tried to fix you up and then stayed another hour talking about their problems with the organization loudly enough that you could hear in the next room, including convincing the others to change their wills?)

And now I read that others are thinking the same.

It's so easy to believe things because we want them to be true.

• Fencing
    Fencing
    And to think some other posters criticise me for my grip on reality. I've got a long memory. Some of the same posters bought into Johnny the bethelite I seem to recall...

Johnny the Bethelite was REAL! The Society's black helicopters took him away in the middle of the night.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    That is what I thought too. So many long timer, hard core JWs that stay in for untold decades. Because they want things to be true no matter what.
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

11 people showing up at your house is not so far fetched. If you are liked and the 'friends' feel comfortable around you, it can happen. Just recently, my wife had arranged for a couple we know to visit for lunch. Before they arrived, she got a phone call that the group from field service wanted to drop by. Right... So we end up with a boat load of people in our house for a few hours. And we live out in the country. If you lived in a city with good public transportation (I know, not likely in the US except for a few cities) as is common in Europe, you could easily get a bunch showing up in no time at the same time.

Sometimes, you are the only outlet they have for letting their hair down for a bit.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I don't know.... I knew some pretty funny characters in the hall I use to attend, some of their comments were right out of a TV sitcom. Especially one older bro from Jamaica, he hardly had a grasp on reality.... thinking he had a close relationship with Princess Diana (via TV) thinking "Radar" signs (when you are driving) emit signals, and IF you slowed down before the sign, you could not get caught for speeding! He was hilaaaarious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit