Are JW"S coerced to refuse blood transfusions?

by fearnotruth22 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Jesus showed the intended purpose of God's laws, when he worked on the sabath, avoided answering the tax question, forgave sinners that were commanded to be put to death by God's law, etc. What Jesus showed when he seemed to be offending God to fanatics was that SAVING life is more important that obedience to laws.

Whatever God meant when he enjoined "abstinance from blood" to christians as belived by the wt, or when he commanded Noah not to eat blood, and whatever the meaning is for people today of the laws that prevent the eating of blood and restricted the use of blood, certainly, based the way that Jesus showed how God's laws should be applied, It makes sense that God did not mean that one should obey blood laws when eating or transfusing blood is the only means at hand to survive.

It is very intersting that because blood is potentially very infectious, that is an argument bloodless advocates use to show God's will with blood laws such as as pork laws aslo prevented trichonisis. Jws eat pork today though and pork , and rabbit and skunk and owl, etc can be eaten safely with little risk of infection. And people die of disease and infection all of the time without ever getting a blood transfusion. even babies without ever having the opportunity to disobey God, die helplesly. AS if God is behing the risks of blood transfusions, and VD, and AIDS. What about innocent victims. ans. no thats sata'ns fault.

What is important in determeing if blood use is religiusly wrong is not based on what Blood laws MEAN .Whether they litrealy mean no eating blood or if the meaning also includes transfusing blood and or that transfuing means or doesnt mean eating blood, Thats not important to decide. All one has to do is to reason Would the lifegiver prevent ONE TO EAT BLOOD TO SURVIVE?, and would HE PROHIBIT THE TRANSFUSION OFBLOOD TO SURVIVE if no other options are available ?IN MY OPINION based on Jesus teachings A person can eat blood and use blood medically as transfusion if it will save his life. The WTS misleads people into beliving that doctors dont know what they are doing

The WTS has made repeated medical blunders as quote.com and dirtclod.com has shown hence it has not shown itself to be a reliable and trustworthy guide and source of direction on medical matters.

AS I pointed out on an earlier thread the wt justifies its religious stand on blood with fear of infection from blood. I tell you Ive seen people infected from blood transfusins and I would rather be dead than to have such horrible infections. I feel that the WTS has done a good thing by exposing blood medicine as very risky and has forced science to clean up the blood supplies resulting in safer blood. TOO the WTS hase taken away the power and control over owr bodies from seemimgly godlike docs and the state, and have given back to people he right over their bodies and to chhose above the orders of medcal authorities.

I say that the wts has done a lot of good to an extent by restricting jws from using blood for medical reasons. But I dont think the religious basis it uses has any Biblical support. I also feel that the WTS harms jws by not allowing them to freely choose blood traetments based on medical reasons and I think that it should officially lift the religius based ban on blood.

Blood is risky, but it is better to live than to be dead, so I think it is wiser to take the risk. Lots of medical procdures are risky too such as anesthesia, surgrey, drug treatments, etc, but when the benefits out weigh the risks, gota take the risk to keep on living is what a normal person would do.

I think that the WTS is stuck because it knows that taking blood for medical reasosns does not offend God, but it will have a Titanic effect on worshippers if the Siciety lifts the ban on blood, But they will figure out a way to do it wth the least amount of causalties for them. Seems as they dont care if bros and sis die until the food comes at the proper time.

In my opinion I think that there is nothing wrong to use blood for medical reasons and that there is nothing wrong with eating blood if that is the only food available or if it is the only means to survive. according to the purpose o Bible blood laws BUT I fear that blood is very dangerous and potentialy infectious , and only if there are no other options availabe, then it is my only option that I must choose in order to stay alive. I do not believe that these reasons violate any religious grounds. And any sane person would do the same considering that the blood is not going to kill them more dead than dying without taking the risk or that God is not going to kill em forever in the lake of fire.

REcently I heard on the news that a JW woman bled to death after being satabbed by her deranged son because she refused a blood transfuison. The WT in my opiniuon has been deceptive into having us believe that you dont need ablood transfusion because expanders and other drugs will do the trick, fooling the jws to belive that, who dont know a thing about medicine, while JW doctors give blood to non jws instead of given them expanders also to do the trck.. Im sure bros go to their grave expecting a miracle wehn they stand firm refusing blood. I always belived that God would save my life because of loyaly resusing blood and that I would bever accept a blood transfusion, The wt knows best I trust them with my life.

If in fact the woman on the news that died for refusing a blood transfusion and others that have died because of refusing blood on religious gound, would be alive today, had they acepted blood , then I am very sad to conclude, that The Wt has caused harm to people and is responsible for innocnet deaths. Obscure to the understanding of the R and F, the wt does allow blood for use as medicine and does allow people to eat blood.

Since the WT ackkowledges that we eat blood all of the time because not all blood can be bled from meat, and also just as like some vaccines and other medical treatmenst contain small amounts of blood, and now they can be used medicaly because the position on blood franctions has changed insidously allowing their use, challenges WT doctrine and position on blood . So, then the isue has shifted from the use of blood to the amoint of blood used .

How much should one walk before walk is defined as work in violation of Sabath law? How much blood should one use or what parts of blood can one use before it violates God's laws?L ets ask the wt.since they are experts on medicne as the record shows them to be.

Sad thing that the elders know about this but do not warn the flock, but also too it is mindboggling that regardless of their awareness and views, they carry the md card and sure enough all jws including the gb, they willl die before getting a BT. I can't figure it out..I too fear a BT and wait for the GB to chnge its position officially before I am at ease totally with it.IT hard to chnge that deep rooted matter of concience inculcated by the wts I havent decide that I will ever accpet BT because of fear of punishment from God and fear of infection But again I am not faced with the choice of survival or death without blood. But I am speaking for me.

I feel that the sis on the news that died should have accpeted blood and should be alive today and I feel hurt angry and disappoined with the WTS because they did not allow the sis to freely make her choice but she was coerced into foolishly dying without a cause.

But if the WTS ever totally lifted the blood ban officially, it would be the sinking Titanic. We'll see what happens but in the meantime bros and sis and young ones are in a lot of danger I think.

The jws are told to read wt articles to make decisons on blood but I think that the logic and arguments and reaons used by the WTS is a deceptive tactic leading the jws to belive that it is their free choice and a matter of concience. I say bolony, It is coersion. The wt does all of the thinking for the r and f. They are not given all of the facts to make a free deciosn and are "boxed in" to quote Gopher ,so that they cannot make the right decison which is of course TO SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lifegiver gave you life. LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! dont choose death. Lurkers beware make a free choice based on facts not coercion.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I believe they do coerce b/c now they have those "bloodlees represenitives" the people at the hospital that are there to support u, but also there to keep a watchdog on u to see if u take blood. Every time i have been in, they come around to check my chart and look over stuff. I do not like this and recently took my name out of the bloodless program.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Fear,Have you read,David Reed's book,"Blood On The Altar "

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Wednesday said:

Every time I have been in, they come around to check my chart and look over stuff

They have no business looking at your chart. In all hospitals that I am familiar with, the chart is off-limits to all but necessary medical personal. If hospital liaison committee members, or other elders are looking at your chart, some how, you have every right to raise a stink with the medical authorities, hospital administration, your physician, etc.

When I was in a similar position, I told the hospital "no visitors" and posted a guard at the door. The guard was my spouse who happened to be in sympathy with my acceptance of blood products when needed.

• wednesday
    wednesday

here, the hospital liaison is called when any jws is checked in. A bloodless sticker is put on your chart and they notify them. So they then have access to your chart. I stopped it by offically getting out of the program.

With the new privacy laws, it may have changed a bit, but if u are a part of the bloodless program, they say they can look at your chart(the rep who works for the hospital that is).

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Yes Wednesday, these blood patrol elders are persistent buggers, aren?t they? Like you, after making the mistake of telling the hospital that I was a JW and getting the HLC breathing down my neck, I made sure the next time I checked into that hospital to have JW taken off every record. It requires persistence on our part to double check with admitting clerks, nurses, business and social workers as well as physicians, so that all fully understand that we are no longer a JW.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Thanks for the informative posts about the LC. Didnt know that. I jump for joy everytime someones post helpful new stuff.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Jesus showed the intended purpose of God's laws, when he worked on the sabath, avoided answering the tax question, forgave sinners that were commanded to be put to death by God's law, etc. What Jesus showed when he seemed to be offending God to fanatics was that SAVING life is more important that obedience to laws.

Perfect. Great post, fearnotruth22. Thanks!

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

SAM;

I feel that there are 2 sides to not saying one is a jw in a hospital. If one doesnt say one is a jw, the the docts will use blood routinely, If you say you are they have to vbe very careful with you and that is harder for them o do I THINK. (I DONT KNOW IWELCOME VIEWS ) I am not too comfortable with that allowing docs to do whatever is easire for them. Iknow that docs do that and that docs will not always do what is best for you, so you need to be informed afree to make what choices you want without the lc bugging you and without the docs doing to you what is standard medicine which as the wt has shown can be very dangerous.

maybe a reformed JW sect securin the power of choice to the patient about blood. I dont feel confortable giving docs total power over my body

• wednesday
    wednesday

Actually, most ot the time blood would only be given in dire circumstances, and then u would want it. They don't just give u a couple units to "top u off". Really, doctors are much more careful with blood and surgery and all things now. No one would suggest blood unless u really needed it. As always u retain the right to refuse any medical treatment u do not want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit