Does Anyone Know Why There Was a Special Meeting Called

by copsec 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• copsec
    copsec

I heard from someone on another place I post that there was a special Monday night meeting called last week. Does anyone know why? Just curious what kinda crap their shoveling at people now.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Are you sure? Our former congregation had a meeting Monday night last week, but as far as I know, it was just the Service Meeting... I thought it was just because the other congregation in the hall had the CO's visit, so they had to reschedule.

Are you sure what you heard isn't something like that?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I read somewhere, perhaps on one of the groups, that they wanted the brothers and sisters to dress more "business-like": that the sisters should wear business suits. I also heard from a person that said they came into her doctor's place of business last week and said they were there as "business professionals." Hmmmm...

CG

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    I read somewhere, perhaps on one of the groups, that they wanted the brothers and sisters to dress more "business-like": that the sisters should wear business suits.

Heh. Yeah, and they also discourage higher education, thus stunting JW women (and men) from earning more money. Also tack on the fact that some JW wives stay home because the husband is the "head" of the household. So how are they supposed to afford business suits WTS? Hmmmm?

Last I checked, clothing was not free.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

COPSEC,

The meeting was about YOU...don't ask me why...I'm not allowed to say.

• startingover
    startingover

Interesting comment on the business suits for women. When my wife left for the meeting this morning that's what she had on. She hasn't worn one in quite a while. Now I'm going to have to keep an eye on her to see if her wardrobe is changing.

• copsec
    copsec

Yeru,

Ha! No one in a Kingdumb hall has cared about what I'm doing for a VERY long time. THANK GOD! And really, All this person said on another group was that her MIL had called her but said she was in a hurry cause she had a special meeting to go too. So mjaybe it was just a C.O.l visit or something and she just made it sound bigger than what it was

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Usually (but I do not know for sure) when this happens it is beacsue the Press/TV etc are expected

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wasn't aware of anything special. I attended a couple of weeks ago and didn't hear anything about it.

****** Rub a Dub

• shamus
    shamus

They've probably set the new date at 2034 oficially now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit