Idolatry and usage of JW.ORG logo

by KSFernando 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KSFernando
    KSFernando

Can anyone give difference between cross and pendant with JW.ORG logo?

Further this logo has become the main identification of a kingdom hall.

Can someone give bible reasoning behind this? Against or favour.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Does anyone here really give a shit?

For certain, it is a lame argument to try to use on an active JDub.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KSFERNANDO:

This may not be a bible reasoning: but, I think, given enough time, any object may become a revered object in the eyes of certain people in any religion - just like a cross on a pendant is to people of Christendom.

I have to admit that when I started my ‘fade’ - I destroyed certain ‘revered’ memorabilia: a songbook signed by a so-called anointed person, etc. I tore them to shreds.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQQtlsr8hsXjPauhDu3QnHlmaA4lL95folRhQ&usqp=CAU

Doc what’s got into you lately?

To answer your question KSFernando, Jehovah’s witnesses often accuse Catholics, Anglicans etc of worshipping the cross. I think the correct term is ‘venerate‘. This is something they do on Good Friday, whereby they will kiss the cross as a way of showing respect for “everything it stands for”.

I think the subtle difference is utterly lost on witnesses, correctly or incorrectly. However I don’t see the difference between that and the behavior witnesses exhibit more and more, of gathering around an image of JW dot Org sign and pointing to it often kneeling before it!!! As in the link I shared above.

Witnesses have zero self awareness!!😒

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

Why no why would you suggest that ?

JWorg isn't a graven image, well at least to a JWS it isn't

Its Jehovah's Copyright symbol

2020 Hot Sale JW.ORG Keychain Glass Convex Dome Fashion Simple Keyring Ms.  Men's Unisex Jewelry Gift| | - AliExpress

On Sale Gold Metal Jehovah's Witness Jw. Org Tie Clip - Buy Jehovah's  Witness Jw. Org Tie Clip,Metal Jehovah's Witness Jw. Org Tie Clip,Gold  Jehovah's Witness Jw. Org Tie Clip Product on

Jw org | Etsy

Mouse Pad Mat Perfect Gift for JW.org Je- Buy Online in Malta at Desertcart

Jw.org | Etsy

Jehovah's Witness jw.org best life ever /NO BLOOD Time Jewelry Keychain  Pendant DIY Vintage Keychain New Gift | Wish

80+ Best JW.org Logo's images | jw.org, jehovah's witnesses, jehovah

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

A guess - being allowed the right to sell these goods with the logo on enables well behaved ex-Bethelites or similar to make a living perhaps?

Oh wow - earrings.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Would you get df'd for using their logo as a tattoo? Please, no one do this.

Oh I supposed you'd be marked! :D

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I want to get a pendant and wear it upside down.

• Overrated
    Overrated

How about a No JW.Org label. Or JWFacts.com.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Are dubs pressured...er, I mean encouraged to wear this stuff?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit