Idolatry and usage of JW.ORG logo

by KSFernando 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The CO's wife turns up wearing those earings and sets a trend? Hmm no. I can't even imagine a CO's wife wearing those earings. Maybe they'll get worn by one of the shadow characters on a demo video.

I think they'd love the pens though. Brolly, yes. Mouse mat - yes. Face mask - not sure. Might be ideal for a Zoom talk - sis appears wearing JW facemask and pretends to witness to someone working in a shop.

• polish clarinet
  • polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

Hollywood BD

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Is the use of the JW.Org logo on items no different than wearing a crucifix? No.

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Olympic level, god medal winning mental gymnastic champions who can reason anything to their favor? Yes.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

next trend will be having JWorg tattood on the ass.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Are dubs pressured...er, I mean encouraged to wear this stuff?

Where I live. . .yes, they are.

How about a No JW.Org label. Or JWFacts.com.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Nothing says your a big doofus like wearing a JW.Org logo on yourself. I never worn name badges at con-vention$ . This is a bit retarded an says cult to any normal person.

• Listener
    Listener
    Anna Marina - The CO's wife turns up wearing those earings and sets a trend? Hmm no. I can't even imagine a CO's wife wearing those earings.

Anthony Morris Jnr was laughing about how one JW child wrote in to him, thinking he was Caleb's and Sophie's grandfather. It's not surprising that his wife was caught up with this admiration and was shown wearing a badge with Caleb and Sophie on it. This was in a skit where her and Morris Jnr were pretending to witness at a householder's door.

This means it has been sanctioned by the GB.

• Funky
    Funky

I once made the "using the logo so prominently is virtually equivalent to idolatry" argument with a hyper-super-uber JW - you know the type, the one who actually tries to speak and act like they do on those "realistic" modern-day JW dramas.

His reaction was just to blink a couple of times, frozen in place, then walk away.

It's rare to see an actual physical manifestation of cognitive dissonance. Kind of like a "close encounter of the third kind". But I definitely saw it.

Why am I suddenly hungry for mashed potatoes?

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Fix it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit