I might be going back to the evil empire....

by seattleniceguy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

No, not that evil empire...God, no.

I'm referring to that large software corporation whose name rhymes with "Fikrosoft." I got a couple emails this week asking if I was looking, and, well, I wasn't until I heard some of the details. I just had an hour-long phone interview that went very well, and I'll be going in for an in-person interview on Tuesday. I'm excited about this because, the position is for Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). The team is working on some really, really cool tools. And two members of the team are guys I worked with before who I really respect. It would be great to work with them and learn from them.

I guess they're looking at one other guy. So now I have the wringer in-person interview to make it through. The first one I went to a couple years ago was pretty hard-core. I left feeling like there was no way I would make it, but I then learned that they had liked me a lot. So this time I know the game. They sic their meanest guys on you and throw word problems at you just to see how you hold up under pressure. Little do they know that I cannot be fooled by such tactics. Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha. Give me your worst, Fikrosoft!

If selected, I would have to quit school. But school can wait. I've had a few people ask me to come back to MS, and I think the time remaining to accept is running down. This team is where I'd like to be. Whew! I hope I make it!

SNG

• rem
    rem

Good luck!

rem

• freelife
    freelife

Dude you scared me with your title!!! anyway good luck to you.Good Luck

• dh
    dh

best of luck seattle!!! bring them down.

apostate mac user

dh'

• copsec
    copsec

Good luck SNG!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Good luck SNG!!

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Oh that's great!!!! Best of luck to you, SNG!! But darn it, it sucks that you'll have to quit school!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

When I saw the heading, I was wondering if you were harking back to the 80's, and were planning Russian as your next linguistic conquest...

Anyway, best of luck, and remember, if Bill Gates asks you to sell your soul, the correct answer is "No."

• patio34
    patio34

Good luck! Keep us posted, ok?

Pat

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I guess I was the only one that thought Fikrosoft when I saw the heading! But then I used to work for them too so there you go.

Good luck Seattle, hope it comes through for you, it is a great place to work no doubt about it.

Gretchen (who has a new avatar these days)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit