There Is No Road in the Desert

by compound complex 15 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

As I journey through life, I take a path not traveled by others, or so it would seem.

I reach out, sometimes in tears, more often with hope, that another sole wanderer

Will come along with me and share the journey leading to better times and places.

It is as if, however, no one hears the murmurings of a heart wishing company,

One with whom to share in Nature's wonders, to delight in what she has wrought.

I continue to meander through life's lanes untrammeled, knowing that soon you'll

Sense my unseen but real presence and happily take my hand and lift my heart.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Awaiting your return, I grow restless.

Do you remember the times we shared -- the laughter, the tears, the memories?

As if it never happened, so long ago has it been.

Will you come back and reminisce about the life we once knew?

Wondering as I do if ever I'll know love and its sweet perils again . . .

• humbled
    humbled

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2017/apr/28/killer-whales-monterey-bay-humpback-attack-video

Goodnight, Coco.

Take a break from the desert. In spite of the unfortunate title of this video it’s actually lovely lovely music and motion in a vast sea.

It’s lovely to think that creatures swim about the earth and have such hearts filled with pity for the helpless. It was a great end to my day. I hope you enjoy it.

• humbled
    humbled

Not to derail your thread— but every desert needs an oasis

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, humbled!

Yes, I'm feeling a little thirsty, even in my metaphoric desert.

Wishing you and yours a happy day.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am patient . . .

You are lost in the desert of your heart and mind, yet, somehow, you are with me in your own small way. I understand solitude and what it does to a man. It eats away. Your thoughts are muddled. Your affections are divided.

You hate me. You love me. I am no stranger to internal confusion, even despair.

I await your return.

I am patient . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit