Five important steps for joining a Witness site

by Euphemism 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

shame shame drwtsn32!!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Here is an example (no offense to Mulan) of a thread I monitored.. I read this as it was being posted. Like I said in the other thread, at the time we just watched the threads here and figured out who was posting about being there. The tracking software was actually less effective since a lot of people would just open new browsers..

I agree I messed up posting there, but I was new to any discussion boards and had only been here a few months too. That was over 2 years ago. Embarrassing.

I signed up again, with a different name, using a different computer, and it took them longer to find me. But they did, by a comment I made about the conventions in Poland and how I was surprised that the donation arrangement wasn't world wide. I guess it made them mad at me, that I dared to think.

• observador
    observador

deleted.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I agree I messed up posting there, but I was new to any discussion boards and had only been here a few months too. That was over 2 years ago. Embarrassing.

hey its cool Mulan.. and don't be embarrassed.. I am not offended at all.... hey.. if you can all see me as a bad person back then and still be nice to me when I 'switch' sides.. how could I be upset? To be honest I was a little worried how accepted I would be here. I'm glad it turned out like it did.

it took them longer to find me. But they did, by a comment I made about the conventions in Poland and how I was surprised that the donation arrangement wasn't world wide

Actually I forget who, but one of the members here was caught by a totally innocent sounding comment.. I think he talked about bowling after bookstudy or something.. anything wrong with that? course not.. but he came over here and posted about it.. and THUS was BUSTED..

the only thing at the time I didn't like was my/our pictures were posted here and of course everyone was having fun with them.. being a woman I guess I wasn't elated about a few things that were said about our looks.... But SimpleSally (who was a JW herself at the time) showed me how I could take my link of picture (which you guys had used) and save a different graphic at my web space under the same name.. so then it was a 'picture' but not our pictures on there..

• Azalo
    Azalo

euphamism: do you or anyone know of any spanish forums? i dont get why these JW sites are not even allowing lurking anymore, you'd think they could count it as service time.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Azalo... PLN has a Spanish forum. I don't know about separate/independent Spanish forums.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

bump

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thanks for the advice

• fairchild
    fairchild
    2. Avoid the referrer tag. Every time you go to a website, your browser sends it your 'referrer', the site you were at last. Never go directly from JWD or any other ex-JW website to a Witness website. Open a new browser window, or go visit an innocuous site first.

GGRRRRRR why couldn't I read this BEFORE I went to lurk and register at witness world? I have a bad habit of registering on every site I go to. Saw a link on here to witness world and followed it. After registering, it said I had to wait for permission to post. We'll see what happens, it is no big loss if they don't let me post, but it would tick me off and make me swear a bit, because it sounds like such elite thing to do. "You dummy, this is OUR club and you can't come in".

I saw that the kid posted on there to warn them about all of us. You know, the poor kid who had this website with a picture of his KH which has 3 members.. He then came on here to defend himself. So, they must see his 'referrer tag' if he goes back and forth, no?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Fairchild... I don't know whether they actually check the referrer tag, or how often. At JWZone, we only checked it at registration; we didn't check up on existing members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit