Blood Refusal Tragedy Sparks National Outrage

by cookiemaster 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

So, here's some news from my country. There was this 20 year old JW girl who was a rookie driver. She was in the car with her parents and for some reason decided to cross a railroad right before a train was coming. Being a rookie (most cars in Europe have a manual transmission), she stalled the engine and couldn't get the car out of the way before the train hit it. Her parents were fine but she was in critical condition.

She was in a coma and required a blood transfusion but her parents absolutely refused to accept it. The doctors pleaded with them but with no avail. They had no choice but to administer erythropoietin as the witnesses asked, even though that is almost useless as a treatment in such an emergency situation. The doctors began legal proceedings to overrule the decision of the parents but the parents hired a lawyer and attempted to move her to a different hospital where she would receive surgery. She died on the way.

This tragedy made national news. A branch representative gave a statement to the journalists stating that JWs do not mandate the refusal of blood, that this is a personal choice and that those that accept blood suffer no repercussions in the congregations. Funny thing is, next to him was the guy that visited my mother last month and knew that she was forcibly disassociated for taking a blood transfusion. He confronted the branch guy about his statement and the branch guy replied "What, did you expect me to tell the truth to the media?".

In the meanwhile, this tragedy has been hotly debated on numerous national news channels and newspapers. Most people have responded with outrage and JWs are hugely unpopular and infamous because of this. So much so that they stopped going in field service altogether in the region where that girl died out of fear for their own safety. Everyone is enraged with what a stupid cult this was, for basically killing this 20 year old girl. I can't imagine any other type of response. JWs truly gave a good witness on this occasion about what they really are.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    are you able to say what country this was in ?
  • fukitol
    fukitol
    ISIS isn't the only death cult.
  • azor
    azor
    Is this in Romania? My wife just did a search and Romania seemed to match pretty close to the account above.
  • blondie
    blondie

Isn't it the only written place that taking a transfusion is DAing yourself is in the elders manual. So the WTS interprets that the jw has taken the action to separate themselves not the WTS. Sounds like the Corban principle in the bible.

(Mark 7:9-16) 9 Further, he went on to say to them: “Adroitly YOU set aside the commandment of God in order to retain YOUR tradition. 10 For example, Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Let him that reviles father or mother end up in death.’ 11 But YOU men say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother: “Whatever I have by which you may get benefit from me is corban, (that is, a gift dedicated to God,)”’— 12 YOU men no longer let him do a single thing for his father or his mother, 13 and thus YOU make the word of God invalid by YOUR tradition which YOU handed down. And many things similar to this YOU do.” 14 So, calling the crowd to him again, he proceeded to say to them: “Listen to me, all of YOU, and get the meaning. 15 There is nothing from outside a man that passes into him that can defile him; but the things that issue forth out of a man are the things that defile a man.” 16 ——

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I hope they throw rocks at them.

I mean to make my own stand one day.

If there is a god, deliver up to mine hands a child in this circumstance, I fully intend to crossmatch, collect and administer the blood despite parental refusal...whilst the wheels of justice turn...you only live once...better make it count x

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    something isnt quite right about this---a 20 year --what legal right have the parents got to make such a decision ?
  • talesin
    talesin
    • something isnt quite right about this---a 20 year --what legal right have the parents got to make such a decision ?

The parents are Next of Kin (NOK). In the absence of the 20YO having any legal documents stating she wanted all measures taken (including blood), or she had named someone else NOK, if she is unconscious, her NOK would automatically have the legal say-so.

:'(

Warning to all who have decided they do NOT believe in the rule against blood transfusions. Make sure your NOK is someone that will follow your wishes.

xx

tal

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    Are there any links or information from a news source to share?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    There needs to be more info on this. Is there away to get this interview with the branch guy, this would be a huge smoking gun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit