Elder phoned me last night

by micheal 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Michael - I think it's a pretty funny coincidence that the same week you start posting here regularly, they call you out of the blue - go figure!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Maybe your last donation to the worldwide preaching work check bounced . . . . . . . . .

• micheal
    micheal
    Michael - I think it's a pretty funny coincidence that the same week you start posting here regularly, they call you out of the blue - go figure!

You think they're on to me?

• willyloman
    willyloman

It's my experience that what happens next depend upon the elder. Most elders make contact out of a sense of obligation (i.e., they're told to), and once an effort is made (or, sometimes, two efforts), they write you off. After all, they'll be able to say at the next elder's meeting, "I phoned/went by the house and could never catch him at home." This report will usually be greeted by a nod from the PO and some words like, "Well, keep trying," which most elders know is code for "You've done enough."

If either the elder or the PO has a personal grudge or is "out to get you" for some reason (or because someone has reported disturbing things about your speech or thought), then you can expect more effort to be expended on you.

Just one more reason not to say anything to ANY current dub while you are fading, at least until you get to that point where you don't care anymore.

If you haven't done anything to call attention to yourself, then just do your best to avoid contact. As one poster said so well recently: Be gracious and don't grant interviews.

• micheal
    micheal

Thanks Willyloman - I guess I'll see what happens next.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    You think they're on to me?

You mean the candy cane disguise didn't work? Petty may be right...who knows?

If you want a place to come hide you're always welcome to visit.

~Aztec

• observador
    observador
    Maybe your last donation to the worldwide preaching work check bounced . . . . . . . . .

• gumby
    gumby
    Does it never end?!!! UGGGGGGGH!!!

Willyloman answered it pretty well.

Unless the Elders are on a "special mission" to seek out info. from you for some reason they have........your avoidance of them a few times should do the trick........other than trying to contact you when the "try contacting all the inactive ones" reminder comes around when the CO is due. It becomes a job for them.....not a concern,.... in most cases.

Continue being evasive and save yourself much pain by speaking.

Gumfucious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit