Elder phoned me last night

by micheal 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• micheal
    micheal

Havn't heard anything from them in a year. Out of the blue I have recieved two phone calls in the last week. Of course having caller id I never answerd. "Just wondering how you're doing, if you want to call me back I will be here, just to talk."

Does it never end?!!! UGGGGGGGH!!!

• joenobody
    joenobody

CO visit coming perhaps?

Notice you are Canadian as well - PM me and let me know what city - we are about the same age.

• micheal
    micheal
    CO visit coming perhaps?

No, checked into it, co visit was 3 months ago.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    co visit was 3 months ago

That may mean the CO told them to contact you (and others in similar situations) and they're just now getting around to it. Also, their quarterly meeting may be coming up and this elder fears he'll be asked if he followed up on the instructions to pay you a visit; now, at least, he can say he tried to contact you but you never responded.

The point is, almost no elder-to-publisher outreach takes place without some pressure being applied further back up the line.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It's winter and some elders don't particularly like going in service so they pretend they have more important things to do like visiting the inactive in their midsts.

I've seen this tactic all too often on a cold saturday morning.

wannaexit

• micheal
    micheal

I'm guessing one of two things will happen:

1. They will physically come to my place

2. They will just stop calling

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Does it never end?!!! UGGGGGGGH!!!

that is why I moved w/o a forwarding address

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I'm guessing one of two things will happen:

1. They will physically come to my place

2. They will just stop calling

Count on the first one. After getting no responses from me after weekly phone calls, they started coming and hammering on my door every Monday night, until I finally wrote a letter. Walter

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    wannaexit: It's winter and some elders don't particularly like going in service so they pretend they have more important things to do like visiting the inactive in their midsts.

I've seen this tactic all too often on a cold saturday morning.

michael: Don't answer the door on Saturday morning!

• micheal
    micheal
    michael: Don't answer the door on Saturday morning!

Very good advice!

It really sucks but I have to be cautious for a little while. Esp. when it comes to Sat morning and Wed evening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit