What is the mood in the Kingdom Halls nowadays?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks! That's what it took to open my eyes fully. I will never go back.

Nina

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hello, d2d! Is that short for day to day enduring?

Happy belated birthday!

Welcome to the board.

seeit

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Boy, Nina, thanks for sharing that - the more people who know what really goes on behind those smiling faces at the Kingdom Halls around the world the better.

I love those nick names for the KH used by Grace and others, "Kingdumb Hell" and "Kingdom Hellhole".

Perfect.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Nina is a wonderful person. I have always appreciated the honesty of her postings.

• aniron
    aniron

I asked my son who still goes to the KH, what the attendance was now in my old congregation. He said they average 85-90 for the Sunday Public Talk and WT study and about same, or a bit less, for TM school and Service Meeting. I was surprised.

I left in 1999 and the average for years was 120-130 for Sunday, and about 100-110 for TMS and SM. I've given Public Talks to up to 150 at times. We moved into a new 250 seat KH in 1985 because we were growing at the time.

What also surprised me was my son said they had 86 publishers. They had that many when I became a JW in the 70?s. Even allowing for people leaving and those that have died. It seems to be fairly static, I think we hit 92 in early 90's.

In the many years I was there I can only remember 2 being DF'd and 1 DA'd. In the last 2 years they have 6 DF'd and 4 DA'd. No wonder they not growing. One of those DF'd was his third time, for immorality.

An Elder who was a good ?friend? when I was there and was Congregation secretary, his two daughters, one who was baptized, have left home and gone to live with their boyfriends, one of which, I believe was also a JW.

Also a Min.Servant one daughter (16) has gone to live with her boyfriend at his parents home. The other daughter (14) asked the Social Services to take her into care. I know a person, a B/A Christian, who works with the father, they were saying he has been off work with stress for a long while. But before he went off, he was saying how he was saying he was getting no support from the Elders and was beginning to question the WT and its teachings. His wife had already stopped attending meetings because of the lack of support and love from the congregation.

This is happening in a congregation that was considered in the circuit as one of the best.

My son and daughter, who left when I did, often say, the congregation seem to fall apart after we left.

But we have heard from others that many congregations in the area are all going through similar upheavals. Many young ones are saying that as soon as they can they will be leaving home, so that they can stop going to meetings etc, they only go because they live with their parents.

There certainly seems to be something happening. But as usual the WT will close up on itself and blame everyone else for all its problems.

• Azalo
    Azalo

i wonder what its like in tha spanish halls cause i always got the impression that the english and spanish halls were almost like distinct religions.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Service meeting attendance is about 25 to 40 each week. When we were there, it was 65-100..................7 years ago.

This is not a decrease...They all just moved to where the need was great.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The Twilight zone-? Who really knows what to believe anymore?

• shamus
    shamus

I think you should go to one now... just to see... LOL!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Why in the world would they ignore anyone in a wheelchair let alone a six-year-old?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit