What is the mood in the Kingdom Halls nowadays?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

"this is a better place to meet that the pshyciatric ward."

1st things 1st: LMAO

2nd: Are you sure???

Mustang

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But, there is a class that just likes the fellowshipping, and this is a better place to meet that the pshyciatric ward. DRAWCAD_1

Okay this is just cleverly funny and I needed a little laugh: I didn't have any coffee today.

Heather

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

At this point I can only go by what my kids tell me - and my son feels he's in "the best congregation in the world." He loves it. He's a very social type, likes lots of people, lots of people everywhere like him; he is very active socially, has a great sense of humor, and really enjoys himself often. His congregation is pretty active in the service still - always was when I was there too . Streetwork is his main service, and it's mostly a social activity for him, as he only goes with his best buds. He stays on the fringe, always has friends, loves to make fun of the brothers but loves them too. Never studies (thank god!), hardly ever reads the Bible (too bad) but believes the end is very near; prays only before his meals, as far as I know. He loves to dress "stylishly" ( I can't keep up with what's cool and what isn't ).

He attends in a rather wealthy congegation, quite a few German cars and huge SUVs pull into the parking lot; the people are generous, so there is no pressure about contributing, none of the wives have to work, so it's seemingly all HAPPY HAPPY. Except for the CHILD MOLESTATION and immorality going on...(I posted under Scandals thread).

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

For the most part everyone is brain dead. There is also very little commenting. Everyone goes about their own business and could not care less about anybody else.

wannaexit

• d2d
    d2d

there is little to find amusing when learning such life saving news. the moods of halls are as loving and friendly as they have always been.

• shamus
    shamus
    "this is a better place to meet that the pshyciatric ward."

I object. I feel that it is worse.

People are very needy when they are in a kingdom hall. They are constantly being beaten down and they're self-esteem is in the toilet. (mine included). Some are "nasty", some are standoffish, some are "hey, how are you, that's good" kinda people (then go on with they're double lives), some are idiots, some are mental patients or should be, and about 2 per congregation are normal. (that being, "spiritual", and not total weirdo's).

I was in ten congregations... I have never met such weirdo's. They weren't all bad by any means, but some needed psychiatric help. It was a horrible place.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Mulan: Service meeting attendance is about 25 to 40 each week.

Perhaps, its time to reintroduce having the meetings in homes and sell the KH. I still remember Princess' pictures she posted, at the reading of their D/Aing. That was one scarcely populated hall.

And Welcome to d2d:

there is little to find amusing when learning such life saving news. the moods of halls are as loving and friendly as they have always been.

Care to elaborate !

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    the moods of halls are as loving and friendly as they have always been.

Now, there's a scary thought! Welcome to the board, by the way, and I hope you will read our posts with an open and objective mind.

As for "friendly and loving," my experiences with congregations (and I was a Witness for 46 years, baptized in 1965, left almost two years ago) are as follows: in 1989 no less than four congregations took sides against my husband's revelation of child abuse in his birth family. This example of "love" convinced him that God was not with these people. I kept going, not knowing what else to do, until two years ago when I saw an entire congregation (150 people that day, less the three who bothered to talk to me) ignore my 6-year-old son who appeared at the meeting in a wheelchair, which he had not had to do before (he had a temporary, but extremely painful, attack of post-viral arthritis). That was the same year I found out that in my father's congregation resided a convicted sex offender who was treated like nothing ever happened and anyone who spoke about his conviction was threatened with disfellowshipping. (He was convicted of aggravated sexual assault of a 4-year-old child in that same congregation, by the way.) That was the same year that my father, an elder for 40 years who had a brief affair after we had to put my mom in a nursing home, was disfellowshipped and treated like dirt for two years, even after he was reinstated, until he finally committed suicide last February.

And I'm supposed to WANT to spend forever with these people?

Nina

• micheal
    micheal

Wow Nina, you and Big Tex have surley been through alot. Really sorry you guys had to experience such abuse.

And I'm supposed to WANT to spend forever with these people?

NO WAY!!!

• shamus
    shamus

Jeez, Nina.

I am so sorry that they treated you like that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit