If the WTBTS Was Disbanded Tomorrow...

by Cimarrona 13 Replies latest social humour

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

How would the GB, DO, CO, bethelites, elders, pioneers, etc list their now-meaningless positions on their resume?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

GB would do just fine. DOs are already gone. COs are on borrowed time and all the others are dispensable, but Warwicke and JWdotborg and borgbroadcasting are here to stay and they will need staff.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Man that would be awesome to see . All the friends walking around not knowing what the hell is going on asking elders what do we do and just so out of place. It would be great , I would bring some popcorn.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Under Work Experience, they would just say "Other"

Rub a Dub

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I few may commit Hara-Kiri.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    How would the GB, DO, CO, bethelites, elders, pioneers, etc list their now-meaningless positions on their resume?

Not fond of if scenarios, but I choose to contribute to this one.

I'm not well versed in the matter, but I know there is standard documentation for volunteer work that applies to people in Bethel (as I recall hearing from a former Bethelite, I may have heard wrong). It's like people who join the Peace Corps, and they can use their work in the Wt as professional experience.

Skills don't just dissapear.

• fulano
    fulano

I know some are laughing thinking of this. Nevertheless, not all full-time servants are selfish and spoiled. I tell you, we never were as missionaries in the field. Hard, very hard work under difficult circumstances sometimes even with the full support of the Society. And we were 100% sincere as many of our friends in the country. We were dismissed (I was happy I admit) , I was 40, but starting a real life, back to your country with no money...you do not, or should not wish that to nobody.

• fulano
    fulano

Sorry double

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

They wouldn't

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Since no one would be left there to verify anything, they could write anything they wanted on their resume. Even the lowliest of workers could claim to have held high level positions in the organization and no one would be any the wiser.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit