Cong accounts analysis?

by Farmer Jim1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Magnum My elderly father and house-cleaning mother put their pensions straight to the congregation, along with whatever they can spare from their low-wage income. Breaks my heart.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I always found that the ones that could contribute the most were usually woman and they got their money from a worldly husband or family member.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CRAZYGUY:

You have a point there. They never earned the money so it was easier to give away.

I wonder if they would feel differently if they themselves were the ones who worked 40 years to earn it. I was criticized for working full time to support myself by stupid women with a "worldly" husband!

But, as I said in my other post, once all these elderly are gone - it's over.

• bamse
    bamse

I am not so sure. The young ones get older and then they start contributing.

There is also another phenomenon. I was an accountant and noticed the strange thing that when a «heavy» contributor moved out (like myself) or died, it didn’t affect the total contributions. Like someone else picked up the baton. Maybe it was a coincident for my old cong.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

the watchtower is needing that people in the watchtower dont really follow what is say about having low grade jobs and not thinking about the future

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Stucky Then the money grab thing from Bethel happened, where the Society "requested" all the funds in each cong bank account be sent to them, and we could keep just $5000 (how NICE of them!) Our elders told me to IGNORE that request, and they kept over $15000! I raised it and said that they were going against "theocratic direction", and they came up with excuse after excuse to keep the funds! Contrary to what Bethel told each cong!

Wealthy people, all tight fisted as hell with money, I guess Thsts why they're wealthybin the first place. In this instance, for once, I'm glad they are.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PEPPERHEART:

You are right but many of those smart people have already left the religion! They are done with it.

The faithful JW elderly are dying off and even if younger people give something - I doubt if it's going to be anything like the generosity of the elderly who preceded them!

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

In my old congregation 5 people contributed over 75% of the contributions. That's 5 people out of about 95. The other 90 contributed on average about $2 or so each. It was pitiful. I should amend that...out of the other 90, about 10 of them contributed about $20 each. The rest of the congregation didn't do diddly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit