Serena Williams allegedly baptized this weekend

by neat blue dog 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

That looks like the West Palm Assembly Hall...aka The Leaky Teepee. Went to an assembly there once.

She gets to have her cake (sports, wealth, non JW approved clothing and behavior) and eat it too (not be DF or shunned since not previously baptized).

Couldn't care less before, couldn't care less now.

Snakes

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

It's little strange how watchtower warns about material things, fame and careers. JWs hear that message for decades in their kingdom Hall's. But as soon as famous person gets baptised they all go crazy with admiration on social media 😁. That's what i always say about JWs and their meetings...it goes in one ear and out other.

• waton
    waton
    What does the Bible say about remembering God during your youth?!

go ahead enjoy yourself some, but know that you will be held to account.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

How long will it take for her to get herself disfellowshipped? Could be interesting.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That's what I was thinking. What if she decides that she doesn't want to live the JW life, after so many years enjoying everything the world had to offer (and that she would have not been allowed to sample)? How bad would the PR be if she was DF?

I'm not moved, one way or another, by her decision. She's not the first famous person to either join the JWs or get baptized after years on the fence. I'm more intrigued by how things might go if a sufficiently famous person were to have a falling out with the organization. Or if she gets interviewed and caught by surprise by questions about CSA mishandling by the WTS...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"How bad would the PR be if she was DF?'"

They'll probably just sweep it under the rug. It will become extremelyyyyyy low profile. You know how the Borg is, how they mask, gloss over things and leave things out.

• fulano
    fulano

When is her story in the Awake?

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

She's probably not gonna be on awake cause almost no new material is printed. Maeby in some new video when new media center is build. Wonder if they gonna do short videos or just focus on movies.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Hellothere
    It's little strange how watchtower warns about material things, fame and careers. JWs hear that message for decades in their kingdom Hall's. But as soon as famous person gets baptised they all go crazy with admiration on social media.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

How long will it take for her to get herself disfellowshipped? Could be interesting.

She may not (not at any time soon). I, in MPHO, say this==> She may just receive only get PRIVATELY REPROVED = A SLAP ON THE WRIST. You see, since newly Sister Williams more than likely has been GIVING SIZEABLE-TO-LARGE DONATIONS to WT, her cong's BOEs, directed via WHQ and their DOs/COs, will instruct them not to excommunicate. They will no doubt give her a WARNING at a time when there are NO other dubs to see her taken in The Backroom [a SHEPHERDING CALL at her residence would be the appropriate setting.] This BOE will have to keep mindful of the fact that they don't want to PISS HER OFF; doing so might just cause her to decide NOT TO CONTRIBUTE MONETARILY to the Borg any longer. This cultporation wants to keep the MONEY TRAIN going! On the other hand/by the same token, if dubs who are not wealthy or famous/infamous commit sins/infractions, they will be disciplined by this organization's DOUBLE STANDARDS!🤬

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit