At the meeting ... Ugh

by cappytan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    my COBE just turned around and looked right at me and gave me a big old wink. ...

They're totally going to "encourage" me to apply. *facepalm*

That, or maybe he just thinks you're lookin' super sharp tonight!

BTW, I sent you a PM

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Another way to make the meetings a little easier, since you say you're giving lots of comments, is to look for ways to give comments that are superficially supportive of cult doctrine but will cause any thinkers to have a wtf moment.

For example, a while back in book study there was something about how those who read the Bible with a critical heart object to it.  A great comment would be something like "some people object to god ordering the death of all men women and children of other nations, but we know that the only reason they object to this slaughter is that they have a critical heart"

You do need to taper off the commenting, though.  Start working to get out of the spotlight.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I LOVE your style! Posting at the meeting....

I do the same, especially when sitting at the sound box!

I swear, it is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane.

Plus, sitting at the back, I get to actually see what is really going on. The people falling asleep, the people laughing, the teenagers rolling their eyes...and the best one:

All the people who DON'T close their eyes during the prayers! There are four in our hall...it's a funny thing all of us smiling at each other!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When I make my monthly appearance at the Sunday meeting (don't want to become irregular ya know lol) I usually have about 2 shots of vodka before we leave to numb my mind and remain calm during the indoctrination session. Wish I'd thought of that 50 years ago.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I usually have about 2 shots of vodka before we leave to numb my mind and remain calm

I totally shotgunned a Tall Boy in the parking lot right before I went in. LOL

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

stuckinarut2 I LOVED THE SOUND BOX!!!

The only thing that kept me sane! I remember looking up the forum as a lurker from my iPhone 3G, I was the only one who could properly adjust the mixer and amp, so I was in charge 95% of the time, and when there were trouble the other 5% of the time they called me up from the public to solve the issues hahahaha :)

• Samaritan At the Well
    Samaritan At the Well
    Reading JWD during the WT study helped me get thru the 70 minute Tower.... The conductor was so into himself and loved to hear himself talk so he ALWAYS went overtime every week. 
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Love this thread.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

You mean you posted to this site DURING the meeting and didn't burst into flames??? 

I can't remember the last time I commented. I remember one hall I was in that was one thing they held over my head for reaching out, I didn't comment ENOUGH. and They wouldn't use me for any mic etc unless I was getting over the national average for field service. Even thought none of the elder or MS did, they did their time to get there then didn't do $hit. bunch of hypocrites. 

• kairos
    kairos

This is amazing. Keep it coming.

My wife is at the meeting, now. I don't have what it takes to listen in on the phone. The culty comments are very depressing. My wife makes them, too.

----

I wonder if people that have eyes open during the prayer are wise to TTATT? I went from eyes closed for 23 years, open for 2 and then a strong fade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit