This really got up my nose

by uriah 11 Replies latest jw friends

• uriah
    uriah

The article in the Feb 15th WT really got up my nose.

The year book of 1974 page 212 is copied below - emphasis mine.

How does this compare with the Feb 15th 2004 Watchtower last paragraph page 6 continuing to page 7? Judge for yourselves.

Also a part from the 'Declaration of Facts' 1933 Berlin - emphasis mine.

Declaration of facts (extract)

"A careful examination of our books and literature will disclose the fact that the very high ideals held and promulgated by the present national government are set forth in and endorsed and strongly emphasized in our publications, and show that Jehovah God will see to it that these high ideals in due time will be attained by all persons who love righteousness and who obey the Most High. Instead, therefore, of our literature and our work's being a menace to the principles of the present government we are the strongest supporters of such high ideals. For this reason Satan, the enemy of all men who desire righteousness, has sought to misrepresent our work and prevent us from carrying it on in this land. "

*** yb74 p. 212 Germany (Part Three) ***

A total of 2,000 brothers and sisters had been put into concentration camps, where they had spent 8,078 years and six months, an average of four years. A total of 635 had died in prison, 253 had been sentenced to death and 203 of these had actually been executed. What a record of integrity!

WT 15/02/2004 page 6/7

In Nazi Germany, for example, they refused to compromise (really - see declaration of facts above) Christian principles and therefore were not acceptable according to Nazi ideology. Hitler hated them for it. Says one school textbook: "Jehovahs Witnesses...followed the teaching of the bible not to take up weapons in any cause - blah blah blah - in retaliation the SS blah blah blah. About a third of all Jehovah's Witnesses {in Germany} were murdered in concentration camps". - Germany - 1918-45.

-

so are they saying that there were only 1905 witnesses in Germany at the time (635 x 3) ?

This is just blatant dishonesty.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    This is just blatant dishonesty.

It is also blatant, unadulterated propoganda.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Don't you know that "new light" has shown that what was a compromize, really wasn't.

Maybe it is just theocratic war strategy to lie about the past?

• badboy
    badboy

WHAT VERY HIGH IDEAS ?

PLEASE xplain.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

We are made in Gods image - and God is Truth and tells no lies -- so it is only natural that when we are fed lies it upsets us because we are made in his image - so I understand it getting up your nose - lies get up Gods nose too.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Well, first of all the Declaration of Facts simply states that Jehovahs Witness publications support high ideals. The same ideals of that government. This is not a compromise. Satan and the demons (according to the Bible) appreciate beautiful women. I appreciate beautiful women. Does that make me a Satan worshipper?

Secondly:

About a third of all Jehovah's Witnesses {in Germany} were murdered in concentration camps". - Germany - 1918-45.

This is an excerpt from a school textbook. Not a JW publication. No contradiction here either.

Syrup

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The WTS lie?? here's an exerpt from www.freeminds.org in an article entitled "Sleeping with the Enemy, Jehovah's Witness Style":

The books, Jehovah's Witnesses In The Divine Purpose and Jehovah's Witnesses, Proclaimer's of God's Kingdom, report that the Nazi government confiscated Watchtower property after raiding their Magdeburg Germany headquarter's twice during 1933. 3 In response to the first raid, a "Declaration of Facts" was drafted by J.F Rutherford (2nd WT President), which they claim denounced Hitler, his government and Nazism. 4 However, this Declaration, which was reprinted in The 1934 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, represents the proverbial "skeleton" in the Watchtower's closet.

M. James Penton, author of the explosive book, Apocalypse Delayed, exposed the Watchtower's hypocrisy in an article written for the Christian Quest Journal. 5 According to Penton, the Watchtower took a definitive stance against the Nazi government only after Hitler rejected their Declaration. 6 In a personal letter which accompanied the Declaration, Watchtower leaders endeavored to convince the Fuhrer that they supported the "principles" of his government--No doubt, an effort to continue their book selling activities in Germany. 7 Hitler, however, was not impressed. In the declaration of facts, Rutherford wrote:

The present government of Germany has declared emphatically against Big Business oppressors and in opposition to the wrongful religious influence in the political affairs of the nation. Such is exactly our position:...Instead of being against the principles advocated by the government of Germany, we stand squarely for such principles and point out that Jehovah God through Christ Jesus will bring about the full realization of these principles... [emphasis ours] 8

What principles did Germany advocate under Hitler's rule? The Watchtower reported the following in their publication, God's Kingdom of A Thousand Years:

Shortly after the United States was plunged into World War II, information on this Nazi plan was gleaned from seized Nazi documents....This plan aimed at a Nazi world order that Hitler, if successful in World War II, would mercilessly enforce upon the world and mankind...[He] evidently had in mind the Germanic Holy Roman Empire...At any rate, there was no reestablishment...as many people of Hitler's religion had hoped. 9

While it is quite evident that the Society didn't believe in Nazism, the Declaration reveals that they are just as guilty as they claim Christendom is for "Sleeping With The Enemy." Consequently, one must also ask, what or whom was Rutherford referring to as the so called "Big Business oppressors?" 10 He answers: "It has been the commercial Jews of the British-American empire that have built up and carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the peoples of many nations....This fact is so manifest in America that there is a proverb concerning the city of New York....'the Jews own it, the Irish Catholics rule it, and the Americans pay the bills.'" 11

During WWI and II the Society criticized ALL governments, including Germany, for being manipulated by the Catholic Church whom they identified as the "Great Whore Of Babylon." 12 Yet the Declaration invariably exposes their own hypocrisy.

[The] Bible Students are fighting for the SAME high, ethical goals and ideals that the national German Reich proclaimed regarding the relationship of man to God....there are no opposing views....but that, to the contrary, respecting the purely religious and apolitical goals....these are in complete harmony with....the National Government of the German Reich." 13 [emphasis ours]

As previously seen, the Watchtower publication, God's Kingdom of A Thousand Years reported that the "people of Hitler's religion" were disappointed when his plan ultimately failed. 14 How then are we to view the above quote since the Watchtower claimed to be "in complete harmony" with the apolitical and religious views of the Third Reich? 15 Consequently, anyone with the smallest historical inkling is familiar with the German Reich's "apolitical goals." 16 Only a demented man such as Hitler could orchestrate the systematic annihilation of six million Jews while calling these deeds an act of divine will! The Society even acknowledged Germany's wickedness in later Watchtower editions, accusing them of complying with "Satan's attempt to turn all men away from God and His Kingdom." 17 Moreover, in the personal letter to Hitler, they even falsely claimed the U.S. government persecuted them for refusing to publish anti-German propaganda during WWI. 18

Of course this claim totally contradicts their stand during the summer of 1918, when the Watchtower urged faithful Bible Students to purchase War Bonds. 19 In fact, they even went so far as to support a National Day Of Prayer for Germany's swift defeat. 20 Yet, the Society bashed Christendom for praying for the end of WWI in a 1985 Watchtower article. "...in 1914 when German troops marched into Belgium wearing belts inscribed with the word 'Gott mit uns' (God with us). On both sides the church was prolific in prayers for victory and vitriolic abuse of the enemy." 21 The Organization has never been lax about pointing an accusing finger at others, while ignoring their own blatant inconsistencies.

What does the Society say of this Declaration and the events surrounding it? As should be expected, they shifted the blame. In their 1974 Yearbook they claimed a German Witness "accused" another, Paul Balzereit, of altering it. 22 They even went so far as to assert that Balzereit penned the letter to Hitler, which was supposedly done behind Rutherford's back. 23 However, Penton challenged this claim:

Regardless of who wrote, edited, or 'weakened' the Declaration, the fact is that it was published as an official document of The Watch Tower Society. Thus the American leaders...and Judge Rutherford in particular--were directly responsible for what was outright anti-Semitism and a willingness to compromise their loudly trumpeted principles of 'Christian neutrality' in order to continue their publishing and preaching work in Germany... 24

Moreover, Penton also uncovered an eyewitness account of shocking proportion. Konrad Franke, a German Jehovah's Witness added this to the Nazi scandal:

...I had the privilege of traveling with Brother Albert Wandres from Wiesbaden to Berlin...But we were shocked when we arrived at the Tennis Hall (the Watchtower's Magdeburg Headquarters) the next morning...When we entered, we found the Hall bedecked with Swastika flags!...when the meeting started, it was preluded by a song which we had not sung for years...the notes were (taken from) the melody of 'Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles'! 25 These notes were the melody for the German National Anthem! 26

Since Witnesses today are forbidden to salute national flags, were the German Bible Students under a different standard?----Apparently so, since the Society continued to cover up historical facts with revisionistic slights of hand. In their book, Paradise Restored To Mankind By Theocracy, the Watchtower again demonstrated their propensity for double-standards. "[Jehovah's Witnesses] discerned their commission...They stuck to this course even amid WWII. They stuck to an absolute Christian neutrality toward international controversies." 27

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

For a second there I thought this happened to ya....

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

OMG else!

That picture is painfully disgusting!

I can't even look at that pic for more than 2 seconds without squirming you thread hijacker

Thanks for pointing out the information in the yearbook and declaration.

I am starting to become callused to the hypocritical writing style of the WTS.

I'm at the point that seeing the WTS write something hypocritical has about as much effect on me as hearing that the middle east is having peace talks

• uriah
    uriah

Thank you Gretchen for your eloquent appraisal. I was so incensed that I couldn't type fast enough or get my thoughts organised, I kept spitting tacks into my hands as I typed.

Elsewhere, that photo is so gross, I can't uncurl my toes.

Syrup - read gretchen's comments and repent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit