This really got up my nose

by uriah 11 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

uriah, that "1/3 of all German JWs were killed in concentration camps" caught my eye, and here's some info:

The number of class workers engaged during the year in Germany was, to wit: 12,000. In addition to these regular workers there were many others working part time. (yb27 p.68)

The classes organized for service in Germany number approximately 450; class workers, 9,000; colporteurs, 50; others who have made application to enter the colporteur service in 1930, 40 persons. Books disposed of: bound volumes, 501,256; booklets, 3,937,098. (yb30 p. 107)
    The service workers in the field in Germany during the year were slightly above 10,000. (yb32 p. 123)
    The service work [in Germany] in this fiscal year started with the great campaign with the Kingdom booklet. This spurred on the friends tremendously, and it was a great campaign in which even many participated that formerly did not have an active part in the service. Thereby the number of company workers mounted up to 12,539. The climax in the number of workers was reached at the time of spreading the Kingdom booklet, as therein many others besides the anointed took a part; then there were 14,453 workers. (yb33 p. 124)

That school textbook was wrong, but the WTS was also wrong for quoting it without correction.

Craig

• uriah
    uriah

Thanks for that onacruse. I noted too that the 'year' was FISCAL and not SERVICE in the quotes, which rather makes clear the driving force '....behind the name.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit