Tips For Lurkers To Get Out

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you have any suggestions to help Jehovah's Witnesses who visit this site get out of the religion?

• badboy
    badboy

TELL THE ELDERS WHAT U THINK IN UNGRACIOUS TERMS

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

"Just Do It."

• badboy
    badboy

Seriously, Y not study up on all their flip flops and really shock them!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

If they can read everything that's posted here, and still think that they've got the "right" religion, then they will not leave unless something happens to them directly.

I see it as no different than any substance abuse...the addicted person has to WANT help. In the same way, a JW has to WANT to get out.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I lurked for quite awhile before I got out.

First, I had to leave mentally... I knew it wasn't the truth and the research proved this to me. I read everything I could get my hands on, and started to form my own "spirituality"... allowed myself to question. I felt if it "was the truth" it could stand up to the scrutiny (it didn't).

Then I started to build an outside support system. Friends. My workplace helped alot, and I started to associate with people (who today still are my friends).

I talked about my doubts and feelings to a sibling and LOW & BEHOLD, she was feeling the same way. We made the break together... but I was prepared for the worse. Our family shuns us, however some keep secret contact.

My meeting attendance dropped slowly over all this time, I avoided the elders, and got my service hours to drop over time until I was "inactive".

Once I was ready for the complete break I made it official. Not to play their game - but for me it was a sense of "closure". I can say that I am no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

• gumby
    gumby
    Do you have any suggestions to help Jehovah's Witnesses who visit this site get out of the religion?

HUH? If they visit this site long enough.....that should do it in itself. Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Tashawaa---Thanks for expressing how you were able to get out. I'm sure this can be helpful.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They have to do it themselves -- they should not be helped by apostates - just leave them be and let them make their own minds

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

Without doubt the single most compelling action a person can take in helping a JW to see the WTS for what it is, is to persuade them to read either 'Crisis Of Conscience' by Raymond Franz, 'Apocalypse Delayed' by Jim Penton or the 'Gentile Times Revisited' by Carl Jonsson. All extraordinary pieces of research and testimony.

I have bought a copy of Crisis of Conscience for a number of friends who are now all XJW's after reading it, one of them a CO. I know very few people ( excepting Scholar and You Know and of course Theo Jaracz whom I know has read all these tomes ) who have read this book and not left the Organization. You Know believes Franz to be an apostate of the highest order for divulging confidential information regarding the WTS failings. Scholar believes that the book is full of lies. These are probably the only viewpoints that a person can adhere to after reading the book that does not result in the opening of eyes.

If the WTS allowed it's adherents to read 'apostate' literature, I would bet my home that 80% of those who read any of the above books would within eighteen months, leave the WTS permanently.

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit