Beards: Growing One

by RAYZORBLADE 29 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey folks!

For those of you near to me, you've probably noticed, I have changed my looks.

Yup, I decided, well.....it has been an on-going project: I'm growing a beard.

It's not your typical beard, I am trying to sculp it to some degree.

Honestly: I HATE SHAVING!

At the same time, I am trying to do something interesting. I am allowing my facial hair to grow below my lower lip and chin, without trimming.

Along my jawline, I use my clippers (for my head), guard #1 to trim along my sideburns/jawline. But nearer to my chin/lower lip.....I'm leaving it alone.

Honestly, I'm surprised at the comments and compliments. I'm glad I'm letting this latest development take place.

Any of you on here (MEN) who are doing the same, or have done similarly, or are growing their beard/facial hair on an on-going basis?

Pictures anyone? Mine will be next.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I think Walter has a pic of himself with a beard. I think he photoshopped it though. It didn't look authentic to me.

That's cool Ray! I'll have to come down and see this in person.

~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

OK, here are two to get you started.

It's still pretty early in the beard growing game, but anyways, here it is:

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I used to have a beard, but that was pre-dub. I thought of growing it again, but I'm afraid to find out how grey it is.

Aztec, this one was not altered. It's authentic, just old.

Walter

• yxl1
    yxl1

I've had a beard for about 8 years now. Shaved it off last summer, which amused my kids for hours. My wife thought I looked like a potato without it, and begged me to grow it back.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Walter, honestly....when I see that pic: I think of the movie EASY RIDER

Just the same, the only place I've found any grey, yup....you guessed it, one or two in my beard, but no where else.

What is wrong with me?

Oh well, it won't be long before grey shows up elsewhere, I'm sure.....but knock on wood, 1 or 2 in my beard, that's all.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Ray, I had a few grey hairs in my beard by the time I was 21, but I just plucked 'em. If I had a beard now it'd probably be mostly grey. I could always wax it with dark shoe polish every morning though.

I may try a goatee.

Walter

• Aztec
    Aztec

The only place I've found a gray hair yet is my eyebrow. Weird eh? I can't grow a beard so I'm not sure why I'm even responding to this thread...LOL!

~Aztec

PS: looks good Ray!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

An interesting change - no longer a proud indian
    bare knees (according to the avatar)
    covered chin

Indeed you are changing Ray.........

Branda

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I like it Ray!!! Very becoming on you

I prefer my hubby clean shaven - but there is definitely something about certain men with beards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit