*sigh* I think I'm staying in the borg

by SC_Guy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

CountryGuy, thanks for your account. I guess theres is hope yet! I am just at times constatly worried about the worst that could happen, and by viewing some of the stuff here, the worst has happend to some when it comes to family.

I'll be staying in touch with this BB, thanks everyone. :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

One small step you can take towards independence, SC_Guy, is get your own bank account without your parent's help. Perhaps grandma can help you get set up. Any funds you DO take in over the next months on you can funnel in to your own little nest egg.

At least it will give you a sense of control over a bit of your life.

• aunthill
    aunthill

((((((SC Guy)))))

Don't get baptized just because your parents are pressuring you to do that. You might even ask them, "Do you want me to get baptized because you are pressuring me, or do you want me to get baptized because I love Jehovah?" On second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea 'cause then they'll want to know why you don't love Jehovah enough to get baptized.

I agree with Stephanus about seeing if your grandmother could let you stay with her while you get things sorted out. It would give you breathing space to think and plan. Also, when you are 18 you can open your own bank account (most banks have a policy against allowing those under 17 to have their own account, a parent must sign on the account until they are 18.) Even if your parents won't give you the money you have earned, at least you will be able to keep whatever you earn after you turn 18.

Good luck. And remember "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Aunthill

• Islandboy99
    Islandboy99

I like JT's answer,

Whatever you decide, do it with your whole heart JW or otherwise.....

• avishai
    avishai

Man, you were & are being controlled, it is emotional abuse, controlling your every move at 18 was done to me. It's bullshit. See if you can move in w/ your Grandma or one of your aunts. And if you do, try not to go overboard w/ your freedom, most of us do, it's a normal reaction to longtime control.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

SC_Guy, we're here for you man.

I think Country Guy's remark, was so awesome, and so honest.

Regardless, your battle and struggle is real and not to be taken lightly.

There've been many wonderful kind-hearted expressions of love and concern shared here from strangers.

We've been there to some degree, and if we can impart any bits of wisdom or understanding: we're here for you, whenever you need us.

Jgnat, offered some practical advice, and she's real good at that.....she's a Mom, she knows a thing or two. A nest egg ($ savings), will never hurt.

We're here for you bud.

Anytime!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit