*sigh* I think I'm staying in the borg

by SC_Guy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

I *can't* leave, I'm trapped. I was talking to my twin sister tonight on how I didn't want to go to the upcoming convention this weekend because we had already been to it 2 months ago...

I have to prepare some audition matrial for a arts event and my parents are not sympathtic to the fact I got allot to do, and we've already been. Well, anyhow... my sister came to me and told me she was worried that I didn't want to be a JW cause I don't want to goto the convention... my sister, is really sincre and sweet when it comes to these things... and she was really worried, she was even crying a little. She even said "I don't know how I could live without my twin in the new system" That made my heart and feelings just twist up in a knot. When it comes down to it... I wonder if I can ever go from the borg... I just don't want to loose my family over it, and I don't want to flush my dreams down the toliet for a religion either. I guess you could say I'm screwed either way.

Thanks for lettin' me vent..
    -SC Guy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Many can sympathize with you. There are a lot of people that stay in the religion just to keep their family. I think you should do whatever makes you happiest....

• dustyb
    dustyb

my g/f is in the same situation (well kinda). maybe you can change something for her. sometimes it takes something that effects their lives for them to open up (such as you leaving). If you've been around JW's your whole life, then you decide to fade away, then they will think that there's something up and something wrong. so who knows, i just don't suggest going back to the organization or else you'll have your life controlled the rest of your existence. heh.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Be true to yourself. If that means being a Jehovah's Witness, then be the best there is. j

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Being a twin is a very close connection, which makes the situation even harder. Do what you feel is best losing a family is hard.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Feeling for you, dude. Keep in mind you will be of no use to your sister if the vital be-ingness that makes you-you, dies.

Maybe this approach will help.

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp2.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt religion is hard on artists, because generally, artists are creative, and creative people are often sensitive. Artists often need to go with their creative inpulse. Wt is against impulses. They instruct that all thought should be thoughts from the bible or the wt mag. They believe that all should suppress anything that detracts from service to their god. They believe that it isn't the time for a normal life. Would you be happier suppressing your inner creative talent, or following following the commands of the men in ny that run the wt? If you have talent, from where do you think that you got it?

SS

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry for you. I guess it is a choice you will have to make. I dont blame you for wanting to stay with the family....But it will cause stress on your health to hear all the "stuff" you will hear while your there. Just keep it in prayer to the Creator of the heavens & the earth... Jesus Christ!!!.Col 1:16 ( leaving out the added "things")It will be as though your in "prison" for the ones you love. Twins have a bond that none of us should seperate.Our hearts are with you what ever you decide.. But if you go! do come back & let us know how your doing. We all care!!!!!!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

My sympathies, SC_Guy. What the Watchtower does to families is just horrendous.

Are you baptized? If not, then while your family would undoubtedly be hurt if you left, they wouldn't have to shun you.

If you are, then maybe you can do a fade? There's been some really good advice on the board. The one thing I can say, from personal experience, is: don't confide in anyone. It may be hard, but it won't be as hard as staying a JW all your life.

Whatever you choose, I hope you can find something that works for you.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    I guess you could say I'm screwed either way

Not necessarily. People change, situations change....just hang in there. Do what you feel you need to for now - but don't forget that you can always change your mind. If you decide to stay in for your family right now, that does not mean that you have to stay in forever. Just take it one day at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit