Jehovah's Witnesses and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

by JW Answers 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus is pivotal for the Christian faith, yet the Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose again in a body. The Watchtower have taught their followers that the Lord Jesus Christ rose again as a Spirit Creature, and that His body was disposed, disintegrated and dissolved by God the Father.
    In this video, I explain the differences to what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach and what God's word teaches, showing without any dispute that the Watchtower Organisation is false, and that we can always rely on God's word. Where there is confusion, it is not of God, therefore.. what is the truth behind this doctrine?
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If what jws think is incorect, what makes you think you are correct?

• Not_Culty
  • cofty
    cofty
    that we can always rely on God's word...

That is a massive claim to make for a book that is so self-evidently flawed.

It is unscientific, historically inaccurate, self-contradictory and it promotes appalling ethics and morality.

In what way is it 'god's word' exactly?

As far as your video topic is concerned, there is no good evidence for a resurrection.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I didn’t watch the video. What ever version you try to prove is in vain, as the (any) resurrection story is totally bogus

Its like me making a video to prove that my great, great great, great grand father got resurrected after his death, performed miracles and ascended to heaven.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JW ANSWERS - Are you aware that this is not a forum for active JW's?

The people here already know the WTBTS/CCoJW is "false", to use your term.

Then again, out of the countless thousands of Protestant denominations who undoubtedly dispute each other's beliefs, which one is "true" in your opinion?

The astounding fact is that this list is not complete!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

JW ANSWERS, If you resurrection claim is true(And what millions believe to be true), Jesus should not have ascended to heaven but should still be around on earth- immortally, having established the true Christianity and avoided all conflicts and Crusade wars.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Like a lot of towns our Main Street is loaded with churches. And most of them like to advertise their Sunday services. I have to say that the following seems to me to be the most truthful.

It read: The Sermon this morning will be 'Jesus Walks on Water'.

The Sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus'.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Belief in the Bodily Resurrection of Christ has been a sticking point for some mainstream Chistians for a century or more. It is their litmus test to claim JWs are not ‘Christian’. I remember picking up an old copy if an anti-Russell tract from about 1913 that went on and on how Russell was blasphemous because he taught the ‘Annihilation of Christ’. Whatever. I doubt the OP will get much response out of the people in this room.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Christianity stands or falls on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If He did not rise, it means that His sacrifice for our sins was inadequate...and therefore we are still in ours.

But if His death was adequate then death could not hold Him, nor will it be able to hold us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit