Bed wetting?

by got my forty homey? 32 Replies latest jw friends

• elamona
    elamona

It is a genetic problem, usually passed on from fathers to sons. Has something to do with the nerve signal transmission to the bladder which usually clears up when boys reach puberty around 12. There really is nothing that can be done except to outgrow it. Ask your fathers if they or their brothers had the same problem. Many people, especially men, don't like to admit that they had that problem. And DON"T shame or redicule your kids who have it- it really is NOT their fault.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    It is a genetic problem, usually passed on from fathers to sons. Has something to do with the nerve signal transmission to the bladder which usually clears up when boys reach puberty around 12.

I was going to say this too. My cousin had three sons, and the first two wet the bed until they were 11 or 12. The third never did. Their father had the same problem, and so did her brother, who wasn't a JW until he was about 8, so no connection.

There can be other reasons, but this is a major one..................inherited.

• amac
    amac

I had a problem until I was about 10 and now my poor son has it too! I spank him everytime he does it......just kidding. I feel bad for him...and responsible for it.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Yes, I had a severe bedwetting problem until almost the age of 12 - its was traumatic. Beatings, alarms, and numerous doctor appointments did nothing to alleviate the situation. The doctors said I was probably just a very deep sleeper, and would outgrow it - which I did. But I had a hard time socially with my little problem, and my mother (JW) made me feel so awful about it that I actually developed insomnia - not wanting to go to sleep to wet my bed and then be beaten in the morning because of it.

Snap.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

We all, four brothers and I, wet the bed til we were 12. I don't know if it was the religion or not, but we sure got hell when we did it. My own son wet the bed twice since he was taken out of diapers. He was very upset when he did it. My Mother used to scream at us at the top of her lungs for wetting the beds. She was a housewife with six kids (her own fault for not taking birth control) and all those sheets every day made her nuts. Not that I blame her.. but it wasn't our fault! If we could have stopped wetting the bed, believe me, we would have. She would rage through the house every morning ripping off the bedsheets and screaming. It was very terrifying. Our Mom told us that we would get spanked every time we wet the bed. So, naturally, we'd get nervous and wet the bed and get a spanking. A vicious cycle.

CG

P.S. On another note: people that are serial killers are known for three things when they are kids: wetting the bed, torturing or killing animals, and fire setting. Thank heaven we never tortured animals. Heh..

• shera
    shera

I wasn't raised a JW but I was a bedwetter and my children do as well.No biggie,something that most people grow out of once their horomones kick in.For adults who still wet the bed,there is a nasal spray with some sort of hormones they are lacking in their kidneys for them to hold their urine while they sleep.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I asked because I was a severe bed wetter till about 14 or 15. My parents use to yell, bereat, and even tell and laugh with other JW parents whose kids had the same problem. When I was a kid I also use to set a lot od fires, but not the kind that burned down buidlings, just mischievous ones. And when it came to animals I've seen many cats come and go.

Hmmm.......................

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    Yes, I had a severe bedwetting problem until almost the age of 12 - its was traumatic. Beatings, alarms, and numerous doctor appointments did nothing to alleviate the situation. The doctors said I was probably just a very deep sleeper, and would outgrow it - which I did. But I had a hard time socially with my little problem, and my mother (JW) made me feel so awful about it that I actually developed insomnia - not wanting to go to sleep to wet my bed and then be beaten in the morning because of it.
    Snap.

?

• shera
    shera

I agree Petty...

• Sassy
    Sassy

nope.. no problem with bed wetting growing up..

it gets wet now but for different reasons.. and that was a different thread..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit