Bed wetting?

by got my forty homey? 32 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Any one in here who was raised as a JW ever have a problem with bed wetting growing up?

• dustyb
    dustyb

my friends did that were jw. i also had a problem of making a lot of my friends wet the bed by the warm water trick oh, and if they didn't wet the bed i'd make sure the bed was wet for them in the morning to wake up to

• pc
    pc

I wasn't even going to view this post and then said what the heck. I just started to laugh out loud when I read it. I have three older brothers. Growing up as witnesses all three had bed wetting problems. My mom eventually had this thing installed when they wet the bed this loud ringing bell would go off. Did I mention my dad was the PO.I have two boys and never had any problem with them wetting the bed. Must be because I chose to leave the witnesses and give them a normal childhood. Thanks for the laugh PC

• maxwell
    maxwell

Yes, I had this problem till I was 7 or 8. It was very embarrassing to me. It was not an everyday thing. And it kind of happened less and less when I was 7 or 8 until I stopped altogether. I never would have connected it to being a JW, however.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Any one in here who was raised as a JW ever have a problem with bed wetting growing up?

You mean everybody didn't?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Yes, I had a severe bedwetting problem until almost the age of 12 - its was traumatic. Beatings, alarms, and numerous doctor appointments did nothing to alleviate the situation. The doctors said I was probably just a very deep sleeper, and would outgrow it - which I did. But I had a hard time socially with my little problem, and my mother (JW) made me feel so awful about it that I actually developed insomnia - not wanting to go to sleep to wet my bed and then be beaten in the morning because of it.

Then one day it just stopped - or did it?

Seriously though, my youngest son also has this condition - he is 7 years old and still has a problem with bedwetting. Course, he is autistic, so that might have something to do with it - there's just no way to know for sure.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Yup, til I was about twelve years old. It was so embarrasing!!!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Can this problem in some cases be traced to growing up JW?

Two of my JW relatives had this problem growing up all the way till the time they got married and moved out of the house. It was only then, after leaving the stress of that home and the overbearing hardcore JW father, that they were finally able to overcome not only that problem , but a host of others they had that apparently were directly related to the stress of growing up JW.

• shamus
    shamus

Spanked for wetting the bed....?

I am glad that I had my parents.

• Scully
    Scully

Were you toilet trained at gunpoint or something??

My brothers and I never had that problem. Then again, my folks weren't JWs when we were going through that developmental stage.

If anyone in our congregation had that problem, it wasn't really discussed. At all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit