I outgrew the "truth"

by micheal 28 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

As the saying goes, "You only live once". With that, after being a witness for 15 years it was just time to move on to something else.

Yes I believe the witnesses DO NOT have the ultimate truth as they believe they do, which helped in my decision to move on. But living the typical witness life there is literally countless number of things you cannot or are not allowed to do.

Yes, at one point in my life living this way was very advantageous, it was something I probably needed as a young man. Discipline, schedules, responsibility, decent companions. But now I just need something much more than this life. It has worn out its welcome. It no longer serves its purpose. It is time to find much more in life than the predictable, hum-drum lifestyle. I believe there is much more in life than going to meetings, having thousands of people knowing every move you make, getting up early and putting a suit on Saturday and Sunday mornings for the rest of my life and list is very long.

Please don't blame me, I just outgrew the truth.

Did anyone else feel this way?

• JamesThomas
  • dustyb
    dustyb

yep, thats what got me. humans have a lot more to live for than just some dumb organization of men saying they have the truth. like i said before, its like sayin blowjobs don't count :D

• micheal
    micheal

Thanks JT, I left over a year ago now. But I just got thinking that this could be one of my biggest reasons why I left, amongst other reasons.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Micheal, You're welcome! Your step was a BIG one. I really meant the congrats. The Borg programming that only they own the supreme truth, can be very, very strong. To sincerely and honestly break from that, once entombed -- is reason for celebration if there ever was one. Follow your bliss.

j

• Mystery
    Mystery

Congradulations Michael!

The puzzel just didn't fit did it.

• micheal
    micheal
    The puzzel just didn't fit did it.

That's very true. But beyond that there is much more in life to discover than living the same routine until the day I die. It was just time.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

...and it all becomes so clear once your're out..............

...and the relatives and friends still captive to the Borg can't see it! Life is so strange.....

Pope

• rem
    rem

Very cool, Micheal. I like it!

Welcome to the board!

rem

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I like to think I "matured up" somewhat in the way people sober up. I realized what a stupor my life would be forever and I decided that was time enough to make changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit