I outgrew the "truth"

by micheal 28 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal
    explore

Nice word petty. Leaving the "truth" affords people the time to explore what really is out there.

Hearing the same things day after day/week after week/year after year - gets old.

Very true. I just couldn't imagine my life being this stagnant until the day I die - FORGET IT!!!

Don't go running away unless you take me with you

Pack you bags, we're going to Mars!!! - LOL

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Micheal,

I believe the same thing happened to me. The truth served its disciplinary purpose once, but now it no longer has the same effect. I find it rather boring listening to the same old doctrines and menacing threats meeting in and meeting out, plus I've had it already with the 3 assemblies per year. Enough!

Yeap, Micheal, I like you have also outgrown organized religion. No bitter feelings, though, like so many here have. Had lots of fun while it lasted, still have some fun once in a while, but quite frankly the happiness outside of it far outweighs whatever it is inside.

DY

• Sassy
    Sassy

I know exactly how you feel Michael. I didn't actually leave being a JW because I thought they didn't have the 'truth', I quit because I just couldn't live that life any more. Couldn't bare to have one more day of people watching every move you make and all the rules were just one day too many so I quit. Fortunately besides not wanting the life any more, I also found out later that it isn't what I thought it was any way..

It is like when I was in an abusive marriage, while in it, I didn't know I was... but when I got out.. wow.. damn.. I allowed that?

Well .. being a JW was abusive too.. and damn.. wow.. I allowed that??

• micheal
    micheal
    Yeap, Micheal, I like you have also outgrown organized religion. No bitter feelings, though, like so many here have. Had lots of fun while it lasted, still have some fun once in a while, but quite frankly the happiness outside of it far outweighs whatever it is inside.

Yes I do have a few bitter feelings considering the way my "friends" have totally ignored and shunned me even though I am not df'ed.

But basically I had alot of good times early on but now I must, yes I have an aching to find what else life can offer me. This religion ties one down so hard that they stiffle any progress one can make as a human being.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Another remarkable thread in which several people have expressed succinctly EXACTLY what my own experience has been!

We have often talked in recent days about how little of the "truth" we miss, and about how excited we are to be moving forward at last after years of stagnation; it's as if we had one foot chained to a post and could never get more than a few feet away from it.

Looking back, it's like a phase we went through and finally grew out of. Of course, the "phase" lasted 25 years. But, hey, some of us mature late.

• micheal
    micheal
    it's as if we had one foot chained to a post and could never get more than a few feet away from it.

That's a very good analogy willyloman. The gb really does keep its members chained to that "post" through any means they can, particularly fear and guilt.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Pack you bags, we're going to Mars!!!

Awesome!

I do have a few bitter feelings considering the way my "friends" have totally ignored and shunned me even though I am not df'ed.

I'm really so very lucky that no one, not even my family, shuns me. If they knew me better they might. I'm sorry about that Micheal. You're a good guy and you shouldn't be treated that way. No one should.

I'm really impressed by the way you're handling all of this.

~Aztec

• micheal
    micheal
    You're a good guy and you shouldn't be treated that way. No one should.

I'm really impressed by the way you're handling all of this.

Thanks Carrie, that's very nice of you to say . 2003 is a year that will go down for the ages, I'm very glad it's over.

P.S. You seem like a good person yourself.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well, I meant it.

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit