Some random thoughts on WT pictures...

by logansrun 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    Will panties be allowed in the new system?

No. Panties are a tool of the devil. See the article below:

WILL CHRISTIANS BE ALLOWED TO WEAR PANTIES IN THE NEW SYSTEM?

?G. S., Missouri.

...not only is political significance given to this garment as shown by its being worn while saluting the flag, but also religious significance is accorded to it in that Catholic women wear panties under their clothing while kneeling to pray...Man and woman were not created in a clothed state; panties were introduced after the original sin, once humans reached their debauched state. Starting in Eden, Satan has infiltrated the concience of humans through the use of "worldly" garments to bring about the downfall of men dedicated to Jehovah. He has flouted God by reversing the natural state of humanity. But he is very subtle about it, camouflaging his work under the guise of harmless custom. Many panties are harmless, but when they contradict a theocratic principle Satan is behind it to discredit God. He is a past master at such deception. (2 Cor. 11:14) In this particular matter of panty-wearing he appeals to the vanity of women and the so-called gentlemanly qualities of men, and any person who does not comply with the subtle custom is considered crude and discourteous, disrespectful of womanhood. So out of a fear of what others may think the majority fall into conformity...It is not good to flatter people, to turn their head; it is to their harm. Specifically, why would a woman want this special garment? This is by satanic design to untheocratically cover the body as God created it. It has no place with true Christians now.? (WATCHTOWER 1952 4/15 p254-5 Questions from Readers)

You know, the scary thing is that I really didn't have to alter this quote very much.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I've always found the best magazines have many articles, and a few well chosen pictures...

alt

• Okram
    Okram

I like my melons Big.

• Purple
    Purple

It is symbolism pure and simple. Witnesses are bright and coulourful, look happy and eating fruit the slave delivers? The wordldy people are still in the darkness? Its nothing new and is used in films etc all the time to portray sublte meanings. A classic example of this in the Wizard of Oz...producers used black and white when on earth and Dorothy was in a confused state...colour when in Oz and enlightenment recieved and then back to black and white when back to ordinary life.

It also emphasises the fact that she was not in Kansas anymore. Talk to a marketing student. I remember a talk an elder gave about the use of illustrations and colour to emphasise the state of the great crowd compared to those still in the world! They slightly blurr the faces of worldly people and have so called witnesses sharp and in focus. Good observation!

• sf
    sf

'Once SMITTEN by WatchtowerLove, Twice Shystered' (by Tom Talley(man):

http://www.intrex.net/talley/WT_Home1.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit