Some random thoughts on WT pictures...

by logansrun 14 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

In my experience I find that good literature in any field of thought rarely -- if ever -- uses pictures. Watchtower literature, on the other hand, is littered with illustrations. Makes a JW think twice of the quality of their message, no?

Speaking of pictures, has anyone noticed the Watchtowers fascination with vivid colors the last few years? Whenever they have a photo shoot of JWs they make sure (usually) that they are wearing bright colors. (Non-witnesses, "evil people", "bad association" are generally in darker colors) Witnesses also always seem to be eating fruit in their photos -- especially big, bright fruit like watermelon or cantelope. Just my pedantic observation.

Needless to say, they're slick marketers.

Bradley

• Aztec
    Aztec

You think too much Bradley.

~Aztec

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Bradley,

The fruit pictures are guaranteed to convert animal activists. Paradise will be inhabited only by vegetarians. What does that have to tell us about mad cow disease? It will be non-existant.

• blondie
    blondie

Notice that the contemporary men have no beards but the resurrected men do.

Women have skirts on even when it is a picnic or they are picking apples on a ladder.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    (Non-witnesses, "evil people", "bad association" are generally in darker colors)

Except for the women they want you to think are slutty, they wear red.

I have a good idea that would save the WT some $$ though... They should eliminate all color from the Watchtowers - print them like big coloring books and give out Crayola's at the door. At least that would give people something to do during the meetings.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Bradley. Would you mind asking your avatar, to cross her legs the other way now, ....... ah thank you.

• Valis
    Valis

wg perish the thought!!! Then they would go into the wax business! Can you imagine a JW wax museum?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It depends on what type of literature you are comparing to. Yes, books rarely have pictures, after you graduate from children's books. On the other hand, magazines are typically choc-full of pictures - several on every page. Most magazines print every page in full color, too.

The Watchtowers fit in with neither fine literature nor entertaining magazines. They fall squarely into the category of low-cost propaganda - the type of cheesy material churned out by simple minded religions or communists. I guess they pegged it perfectly.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Women have skirts on even when it is a picnic or they are picking apples on a ladder.

Hey!! Something good about Paradise Erf! Will panties be allowed in the new system?

• logansrun
    logansrun

Running Man

It depends on what type of literature you are comparing to. Yes, books rarely have pictures, after you graduate from children's books.

Have you seen Isaiah Book vol's I and II? Point taken about the magazines, though.

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit