ARMAGEDON

by moses 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

I don't believe in Armageddon any more...

sincerely

Special K

• Purple
    Purple

Hey Moses

I found out some interesting news recently. THe Catholic Church has come out and admited that there is no such place as Heaven or Hell. Rather they are ideas and concepts to describe states of being. Not absolutley sure what this means but it has lead me to question well if that is so then what else is symbolic? After all does not the org teach us that revelation is symbolic and meaning has been ascribed to the symbols used.

SO is it possible then that Armageddon be symbolic of a state of being also such as the loss of something, the end of something? For example the coming out of so called "true religion" and the end of being lied too? It may be an over simplistic view of a major topic but I am not so sure it is.

Keep remembering that the bible was written by men in control of civilisations or churches and so on.. So like men in control of large amounts of people who needed to control those people. Basically the bible tells us how we should live our lives and what will happen if we dont. Isnt the bible full of so called real examples of people who have or have not followed their God?

So by telling people how to live their lives you eliminate the kaos factor that leaders cant control and this scares them silly. So if the masses are fooled into believing that there exists this all powerful being who will exact vengence on the one hand yet on the other is loving and caring to those who follow him, what do you think would happen? The majority would follow the so called right way. THe few who dont may have come to mean ends and the leaders hold them up and say "see, see what happened to a non-believer!"

Or would you like to be a leader that says this is wrong because I a fellow human say its so? I would rather use the power an omnipotent being could bring! I wuld also like to be able to hold a book supposedly full of ancient wisdom to justify myself along with the most powerful organisations to back me up.

So do I believe that Armageddon will happen? I am begining to think that it is symbolic of a state of being and not literal. THe fact that the society changes so much to fit into time frames and grabs at anything that happens to back them up makes me think that the Armegeddon that the society talks about is yet another control mechanism to keep people in the flock, contribuing money and making someone rich somewhere and so on.

Of course that's just my two cents worth and if I am proven wrong well....I never said it!

• heathen
    heathen

purple--- The pope is the anti christ . so there you have it . If he says it's not real then it must be invisible.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Well, I think 'armageddon' has about as much validity as any other prophesy from ancient religious texts...which is to say, not much.

I have, however, actually been to Armorgeddon (which is how I always think of that word now...). It's an SCA event.

http://www.geocities.com/borderdowns/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit