ARMAGEDON

by moses 13 Replies latest jw friends

• moses
    moses

WHAT IS EVERYBODYS FEELINGS OUT THERE ABOUT ARMAGEDON IS IT ALL GARBAGE OR IS GOD'S JUDGEMENT DAY COMING ONE DAY.I KNOW THE WITNESSES ALWAYS USE THIS AS THEIR PITCH TO KEEP YOU IN,BUT IS ALL THAT DOOM THAT IS IN REVELATION FOR OUR FUTURE OR WHAT?

• Valis
    Valis

Barmageddon is much more fun..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• City Fan
    City Fan

Hi Moses,

IS ALL THAT DOOM THAT IS IN REVELATION FOR OUR FUTURE OR WHAT?

All the doom in Revelation is similar to all the doom in Daniel and other apocalyptic books such as the War Scroll from the Dead Sea Scrolls.

They are all histories written after the event so don't worry too much about it coming true.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Moses - I'm sure that every generation since God knows when has been dreading "Armaggedon" - very powerful tool by any government using religion to keep their people in line. Armaggedon & hell.

Of course there's going to be an end to this world/planet as we know it - it is the nature of things. How that's going to happen, or when - who knows?

• moses
    moses

LIKE YOU SAID ARMAGGEDON & HELL KEEPS EVERYBOY IN LINE BUT I JUST HATE IT WHEN THE WITNESESS SAY THAT ONLY THEY WILL BE SAVED,HOW MANY GOOD CHRISTIAN PEOPLE ARE OUT THERE TODAY.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Christians have been preaching about Armaggedon for nearly 2,000 years. Every generation of them believes that they are in the final days. It's this fear of the end being near that they use to pick your pockets. Christians have never got things right, let's face it even the very first one ended up getting nailed to a cross.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    WHAT IS EVERYBODYS FEELINGS OUT THERE ABOUT

There is another way to view the term "Armageddon" besides fundamentally as a geographic location or time, or as if there is an external-creator preparing to cleans earth via destruction and exterminations. As others have mentioned this carnal-interpretation (having to do with space and time, and physical events therein) is a very efficient instrument of control (likewise the carnal interpretations of a wrath-full God) which has been generously used by man-made religions. However, there may be a closer, deeper, far more intimate understanding of what the word Armageddon -- points to. Real and lasting significance happens within us. As Jesus said the Kingdom is within, likewise perhaps -- Armageddon. In this case, rather than material change and destruction, it is the washing away or the clear seeing through what is false that we may perceive and awaken to what is divinely true and present within our own being. In this sense, Armageddon can happen at anytime, to any one, has already happened for some. j

• heathen
    heathen

I think the WTBTS society states that Armageddon is an invisible war that has been raging since 1914 . That satan was cast from heaven and immediately used the worlds political powers to attack the chosen seed and that the final battle is due at any time in which God will annihilate all that oppose his rulership , even tho it's invisible .

• Carmel
    Carmel

Having personally visited Har Meggedo in northern Isreal, I can tell you that it is not "coming", its already there! If you want a facinating account about the war that was to take place there, look up the events during the first world war when the British and Auzzies thoroughtly thrashed the Turks, routed them up the length of what is now Isreal and pushed them almost into the sea at Haifa. Many of the events so dramatically described in Revelations, actually happened during that short period. The "time of the end" for the Automan Empire was sealed then and has pemanently lost its power over the masses of Muslims. That "world" or "earth" has been replaced with a new "heaven and new earth".

Bushbaby

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The armageddon of the Watchtower is a demented fantasy.

It is not coming - ever.

Trust me; if I'm wrong, I'll give you triple your money back!

The Watchtower can't match THAT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit