Learnt more in the last couple of days than in the last 10 years.......

by Purple 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Purple
    Purple

Well about the organisation anyway! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board. ALthough I did the fade away I never realised that I still thought of it as the truth. So much of what I have read and electronically listened to has made me realise its just a man made religion like any other. I feel so much better now about my decision to leave that sham. I am also not going to buy into more of their rules about how to live life by writing the letter to disassociate myself. Shite who needs more of the sancitmonius you know what!

Everyone here is open and willing to share and support which is more than any congregation ever did for me. I hope this place will always exist in some shape or form as it is needed to help the escapping members of the great crowd out of hell on earth! That is what I view my time with JW as.

I remember my mum told me before she died that it was a cult that wanted to control me like a lot of other cults and that they split families and want money and so on. I of course was horrified at the time. SHe was right about so much including how my marriage would end... she warned me 20 years ago that he would do what he did and that was why no one else wanted much to do with him....Anyway I digress..........

Thanks to Sassy for tracking me down and introducing me to this site and board. Its funny how she sort of knew I would like it. I did email her and say that I was just letting it go and not worrying about rubbishing it or something but I said I would look. Boy am I glad I did. I never realised how many unresolved issues I had. My eyes have been truley opened and I am so thankful to everyone who has taken the time to do research and expose the truth about the troof......You guys rule!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm so glad you found some answers Purple! I thought you might like it here. I know it has been good for me. I know we are not alone in that we left the religion for personal reasons and at first that was plenty enough for me. But what a relief to learn that it was not the true religion in "FACT".. it not only justifies we made the right decision, but it also helps us let go.. of the guilt, mind controls, etc etc..

I'm glad you took the time to check this place out.. these people are awesome!

• alias
    alias

Purple,

It's amazing what you can learn about *everything* isn't it?

One of the first things I realized when I found opposing sites was that I never considered an alternative viewpoint than what I learned growing up in the organization.

There are plenty of viewpoints here!

Take care,

alias

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Purple.

I'm glad you like it here on this forum. It seems to put alot of information at your finger tips..by just the click of a button....I enjoy my time on here and did a ton of reading here about alot of J.W. flip-flops that I never even knew about.

Glad your free of that bad man too.

You seem like a really nice person and don't need someone like that beating you down either emotionally or physically.

Sassy, sounds like a good friend and sometimes good friends are hard to find. I'm sure glad she steered you to this sight.. and you came.

Remember.. We women are STRONG..especially when we support each other.

sincerely

Special K

• shera
    shera

Welcome,glad your here. *hugs*!

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Awww, Purple!! (((Purple))) I understand how you feel about the supportiveness of this board, I think there have been a few times when I felt as though I would have lost it without the support and knowledge of the people here! Better than any congregation could ever be!

• jwsons
    jwsons

Purple,

I really burst in tears while reading your red letter. It make me recall myself experience a couple of years ago. They are a cult, no more, no less. Their rule actual is "Money First." About 30 years ago, they didn't mention much (frequently) about money like nowadays, Watchtower and KM recently said about money, donation, contribute etc..almost every month and urge "brothers" and "sisters" should show "more generousity." What a shame!

jwsons

• Maverick
    Maverick

Glad you made it here Purple! Unlike the closed-minded world of the JW Kingdom Halls people with all kinds of opinions share their thoughts here. It is this very openess at makes this such a valuable forum. After almost a year I still find bits of WTS programming rolling around in my head! Enjoy! Maverick

• Undecided
    Undecided

It took me 25 years out before I could tell some stranger that I was once a JW and now I know it was a bunch of crap. Thats really hard to do when you were raised all your life as a JW. The information I was pointed to here cleared my head of all the cult influence I had retained.

Enjoy the forum, there are quite a variety of people here, just like everyday life and I like my normal life. Hope you enjoy it too.

Ken P.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Purple,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. For the first few years after I left the WT religion, I felt rather isolated, but I did make some friends of a few other ex-JWs I met. Most importantly, my family left "IT" with me.

But, I have found even more solace and information on the Internet in the last few years ... and it seems that not just a few have left the WT religion, rather there appears to be several million who have left "IT."

Long ago I learned that "IT" is not the truth. Instead, "IT" is really The LIE."

"IT" did not die for me, nor will "IT" ever give me life. The one who did die for us said of himself, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Once I removed religion from my life, I mean all religion cleared out of the way, then Christ seemed to stand alone in a much clearer fashion for what he really is.

I do not attend nor advocate any religion. I pretty much stay to myself on that topic with the exception of my participation here and on a couple of private forums.

By the way, I always love new Aussies on the board. Long ago, I told people that basically, I'm on my way to Australia ... I am not there yet, but I am still on my way.

Jim Whitney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit