"The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction." -- Feb 2017 Watchtower

by cognisonance 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant

so if the GB are neither inspired nor infallible why would anyone of sound mind place all their eggs in one basket?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    What perplexes me is how grown adults get recruited into this cult? My parents were aged 34 and 24 when they became JWs (from my Mom's sister, who also came in as an adult). How exactly does THAT happen?

Pre-internet and during the cold war 70s and 80s when we daily expected nuclear annihilation, it was easier to convert people.

People were generally more naive and likelier to trust the printed word.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Also oddly in that article they go on to say how the holy spirt and angels are directing them and their organization.

They are using "confusion" which hypnotists use on people to further embed commands into the mind.

When they deny being "inspired" or "infallible" but then a paragraph or two later say they are indeed led by the Holy Spirit and "angels" your mind attempts to hold both beliefs at the same time. And as many of us know this causes a very painful cognitive dissonance. So the mind will quickly attempt to reconcile two seemingly opposing yet truthful statements (both are coming from Jehovah). To lessen the pain from the CD it will revert back to it's default programming. And that is that EVERYTHING comes from Jehovah.

So the contradiction they just heard also came from Jehovah. And guess what the mind is thinking?

In time, Jehovah will fix this.

So the mind remains in a limbo state which is exactly what the GB likes because a confused mind is easier to program.

It's sad how they use the friends as psychological guinea pigs (I say that with all due respect).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction..."

...nevertheless, JWs must be ready to obey any instructions they may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

• sir82
    sir82

"The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction..."

However, if you in any manner act or speak as if the governing body has erred in doctrinal matters or organizational direction, we will coerce all of your friends and family to cut off all contact with you. This is a loving arrangement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit