"The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction." -- Feb 2017 Watchtower

by cognisonance 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chook
    Chook

Don't forget you mere earthlings that big Tony and his mates are "directed " by god. That point will never change.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

How do you reconcile these two statements:

"The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction."
    "At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Just like fake news. Oposite remarks in one statement.

You can run a religion with it and you can become President with it.

G.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Annoying isnt it?

I used this reasoning with my family and the elders when i left:

"If they're neither inspired nor infallible then why is their opinion worth any more than yours or mine? What are they for? Why should we follow them?"

The reply was always something like "because Jehovah selected them".

And so the merry go round starts. Circular reasoning and doublespeak.

• smiddy
    smiddy
    notsurewheretogo5 minutes ago11 minutes ago

How do you reconcile these two statements

Simple , Jehovahs witnesses speak out of both sides of their mouth.

That is why they can believe in two opposing beliefs at the same time and see no problem with it.

Cognitive Disonance ?

Other reasons:

Brainwashed

Gullible

Stupidity

Gullible

Naive

Ignorant

Or all of the above in different ingredients / mixes.

• atomant
    atomant

Their burning the candle at each end of the stick.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSZKy8SI5lE

I will express this using the medium of dance...........................

Then after..................

Image result for doublethink

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

This thread actually made me physically sick. Not because of you guys, but because I'm trying to stomach the idea that THESE are the notions from the GB that my parents accept, support and put their trust, loyalty and finances in. The talk outlines provided for the Regular Pioneer meeting is the stuff my already-ignorant mother will be lapping up. I'm about to cry in anger and frustration. *wildly starts punching molecules*

• cha ching
    cha ching

Notsurewheretogo...

Those two opposite quotes are invaluable! They say it all! Sometimes, with the volume of literature the WT puts out (on purpose) you can go crazy trying to find the opposing demanding views they print. Now it's logged, it's history.

Thank you!

• venus
    venus

This is like saying "square circle" both of which cannot exist together--it is either square or circle.

Similarly, either organization can err which means it is not God-directed, or it cannot err which means it is God-directed.

It cannot be a God-directed organization that can err!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit