No such thing as history

by woodforde 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

On the CD-ROM I find it interesting that WTs go back to 1960, but Awake! only back to 1970 -- and some of the most damning comments referring to 1975 are in the 1968 & 1969 Awake! issues.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

Doc

• brandnew
    brandnew

DUDE ! ! ! ! they dont want people gettin ahold of " millions now will never die" or  watchtowers with a KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR on the right hand, and the KNIGHTS TEMPLAR symbol on the left side.

Sheeeewt, all hell would break loose.....

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Brand new ....... Outlaw??? Sorry haven't been keeping up on here too well.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

brandnew, that's a copyright infringement on OUTLAW's mutt, show some respect to your senior board members!

• brandnew
    brandnew

My bad....my bad......hey OUTLAW! ! ! 

may i use smuttly?

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Hey, outlaw uses like some cowboy lookin dude, not my fault he left ol smuttly at the pound, where i rescued him...ha ha ha! ! 
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    • not my fault he left ol smuttly at the pound, where i rescued him...ha ha ha! ! 

I have missed that mutt! Welcome to this great forum.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I sometimes think that the reason for the differing cut-offs on WTs and Awakes on WT-library (1950 for WTs and 1970 for Awakes) is the infamous 1969 Awake quote that says something about young ones never growing old in this system, encouraging them to neglect schooling, etc.  

They've got a pretty perfect system set up that makes it easy for them to throw away the old literature anyways.  All the literature is just the same regurgitated crap year after year, so if you go back 50 years you won't really have anything more (other than doctrinal flip-flops) than you would be able to get by just going back 10 years.  

I'm interested to see if they start removing old stuff from the website too eventually.  Now that would be telling.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

George Orwell would have recognized the JW/WT modus operandi as coming straight from his novel "1984".

In fact, I think the GB and the Writing Committee keep "1984" close by for use as an Operational Handbook.

• sir82
    sir82

I sometimes think that the reason for the differing cut-offs on WTs and Awakes on WT-library (1950 for WTs and 1970 for Awakes) is the infamous 1969 Awake quote that says something about young ones never growing old in this system, encouraging them to neglect schooling, etc. 

Well there's that, plus wasn't it in the 60's Awakes that women's brains are smaller than men's thus they are less intelligent, or something like that?

There's all sorts of crazy stuff that got printed in the 60's & earlier. Well, crazier than usual, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit