JW Apprentice in Hair Salon.

by Disassociated Lady 2 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

My hairdresser warned me that he had taken on a JW apprentice and asked me what I thought. She attends the KH that disfellowhipped me. I told him that I would have to be careful about what I said concerning my personal life as she would report back anything she heard to the elders. The plus side is that she could be a hard and honest worker.

I attended my latest appointment 4 days ago and she was there. To my surprise she was polite, took my coat, offered me a cup of tea etc. When she went to use the bathroom my hairdresser had informed her I was coming in and he reminded her that in the salon ALL customers should be treated the same. I could tell that she hated having to do it by the look she gave me as I left. I also heard from the owner that she put up the salon Christmas decorations and asked him not to mention this to her sister! I can imagine a full report went back to the elders concerning my visit! It will be interesting to see what happens next time :-) xxx

• Sorry
    Sorry

The hypocrisy is astounding. We all know those JW's who live for snitching to the elders. Had a couple of them in our old congregation during high school. And they wondered why they were an outcast at school AND at the hall lol.

And sorry if I sound slow (haven't been here too long), but are you officially df, da or were you reinstated only to fade again? Because if you were df'd or da'd (like your name implies), why are you worried about what's she reporting to the elders? Screw her and her self righteousness.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm glad he set her straight about treating all clients the same.

Glad he also made her put up the Christmas decorations, did you ask him if she complained when he asked her to do that?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Why is it that JWs are allowed to speak to DFed and DAed people as part of work?

This type of allowance is not made for other things. For example a JW would not be allowed to work in a bullet factory. Even putting up christmas decorations even if mandated by your boss is generally not allowed. Or for example being an event planner, you would not be allowed to plan a christmas party. You are supposed to stand firm and tell your boss you can't do it.

Yet when it comes to talking to DFed people, as long as you are at work, it's ok. It's just odd...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DISSOC LADY:

I am glad that he informed the JW that ALL customers should be treated the same. The same directive would also apply to fellow co-workers. What if you worked there and had to see this JW every day? She owes you and everybody else a courteous attitude.

Even though this should be common sense, unfortunately Witnesses very often do not respect when they are on somebody ELSE's premises! They THINK the same dynamic that goes on in the Kingdom Hall is going to play out somewhere else.

Hopefully, a word to the wise is sufficient and this all works out.

REDVIP:

No, it's not odd at all..When you are on somebody else's premises, you must follow their rules. Otherwise, you would be obstructing business or production!!! What if you had to ask people to evacuate in an emergency?

Anybody who doesn't like this had better go into business for themselves.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I am DF, the elders made sure of it as they don't like the fact I live in the same house as someone who's occupation was a witch (retired now). I cannot afford to move out and get a place of my own and received no help from them so DF was the answer. I was DA and got reinstated last March and was DF within 5 months. I don't want them knowing what goes on in my personal life and reporting back to my mother. If the JWs didn't like the fact she had to speak to me they may get her to avoid being there during my next appointment. We shall see.

She is a teenage girl who has a father that walks around like a frightened rabbit. The hairdresser told me that the girl's mother didn't want her hair cut because she would look to grown up. Mind you this young girl was wearing facial cosmetics and does not when she attends the Kingdom Hall.

I think that she agreed to put up the decorations providing her boss didn't tell anyone. He told me though! :-) x

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If that JW apprentice is smart she'll keep her mouth shut and won't create any waves (unless she's giving someone a perm of course)

At the old Hall I used to attend, there was a brother who was a Barber and he used to "witness" to his customers and warn them about Armageddon etc. He eventually got fired because one time he had a older guy in his chair, who was lathered up for a shave and as he reached for the straight razor he said to the man, "I have a question for you...are you prepared to die?"

• Listener
    Listener

I guess there are some circumstances where it is okay for a JW to talk to a disfellowshipped person. Like when your about to save their life or ... cut their hair.

• millie210
    millie210

Perhaps this young lady is seeking her own way out of the Orgs clutches and a job is one of the steps for her.

I remember putting up Christmas decorations for my boss once also. I didnt want to get found out but I didnt mind the actual doing of it.

They are two different things!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I knew an Elders wife formerly missionaries in PNG who`s wife had a beauty Salon on the mainland Aust. and gave brazillian hair removals on female clients .

Personally I dont see anything wrong with it , but would other Elders have a problem with it ?

Would you have ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit