Satanists have Longer Life Expectancy?

by shaii 27 Replies latest jw friends

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

Of course... as a Satanist you have to deal with the animal sacrifice element. You could cut your finger whilst sacrificing a chicken and get a staph infection...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!

Well, evolution will tend to weed out the clumsier Satanists...

Whoops! Damn! I meant, "natural selection"...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great Bump Zidd.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, Can't Leave!!!

Aaaand - BUMP again!!!

Well, I've named some reasons why Satanists might live longer than Jehovah's Witnesses...

Here are some more....

Jehovah's Witnesses are "micro-managed", which, as anyone who's ever had to deal with that in a business environment will tell you, is EXTREMELY stressful....

Micro-management is usually done by control freaks who are intent on proving themselves right, and everyone else wrong...

On the other hand, Satanists tend to have a philosophy based on "chaos"... There's far more flexibility in the Satanists' system[s] than in the Jehovah's Witness' system...

Sexuality is severely repressed among Jehovah's Witnesses. They are told who they can date, how long they can date, who must accompany them on those dates, and after marriage, what they can - and cannot - do in the bedroom.

Satanists, however, can indulge in any sexual practices that they wish... Cross-dressing and homosexuality, bisexuality, and 'menage a trois', wife-swapping, and so on - are all allowed.

Which can be a GOOD thing, can be a bad thing....

And bearing on that subject, Jehovah's Witnesses are constantly submerged in a culture that demands self-sacrifice, self-sacrifice, self-sacrifice... The blood issue touches on this subject, but this is a consideration of another aspect of the underlying behavior pattern.

I believe that this atmosphere of self-denial and self-sacrifice is behind much of the underlying anger, frustration and ill-tempered behavior of Jehovah's Witnesses - that you see when they aren't "on" - when they aren't playing out the "good little Jehovah's Witness" role for critical onlookers - fellow JWs, esp elders/overseers/Organization higher ups...

All this stress - and the occasional tendency to come up with even more bizarre forms of self-denial and even self-punishment than the Gov.Bod heaps upon them - decreases their life expectancy...

On the other hand, Satanists are free to be self-protecting - even self-absorbed - and any sensible Satanist will take steps to protect him or herself from the negative effects of "indulgence"...

In other words, Satanists are both free[er] to indulge in pleasures, and more prone to protect themselves from the potential ill effects of over-indulgence...

Zid

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Different people view satanism differently, similar to that of christianity. Here's some info on Chuch of Satan. Though movies usually potray the dark side of occult.

Beliefs

The Church of Satan does not worship or support a belief in the Devil or other supernatural entities. "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane. Whether they believe in The Devil or God, they are abdicating reason," said Peter Gilmore. [ 3 ] Gilmore defines the word Satan: "Satan is a model or a mode of behavior. Satan in Hebrew means 'adversary' or 'opposer'; one who questions." [ 3 ]

Satanists within the Church of Satan adhere to these as guidelines on how to live. However, it is important to remember that Satanists generally do not view the Satanic sins, statements, and rules of the earth as things that one must go out of their way to do. The Satanist ideally sees these things as truisms and how they naturally live their lives, as opposed to a Christian or Jew, who would strive to follow the words of Christ or the mitzvot, respectively.

The Nine Satanic Statements [ 11 ]

The Nine Satanic Statements outline what "Satan" represents in the Church of Satan: [ 12 ]

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
    2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
    3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
    4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.
    5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
    6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
    7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development", has become the most vicious animal of all.
    8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
    9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.
    [edit] The Nine Satanic Sins [ 13 ]

1. Stupidity
    2. Pretentiousness
    3. Solipsism
    4. Self-deceit
    5. HerdConformity
    6. Lack of Perspective
    7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
    8. Counterproductive Pride
    9. Lack of Aesthetics
  • ziddina
    ziddina

DiamondDiz, thanks for posting that!!!

Turns out, I'm in agreement with most of those 9 "Satanic Statements"....

• White Dove
    White Dove

I like them, too, except for the vengeful stuff.

But I do feel vengeful, I just don't persue it, like just about everyone else.

There seems to be a similarity to Wicca, except for vengence.

I think Wicca's focus is different, though.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Depending on the Wiccan discipline, the focus can be much "greener"; more "earth-oriented..."

If I can find it quickly, I'll post a listing of the major sub-movements in Wicca...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit