PIMO to POMO

by MaybeSo 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Ok I'm ready for the transition. I am not writing anything to anyone or writing some dumb letter. The calls and visits trying to get me to come back will soon follow, the family guilt trips will intensify, loss of friends- really more like cult member associates, how the hell am I supposed to do this?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Say you need time. That you need a break and will get back to them when the time is right. It worked wonders for me and my wife. We are now free!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I was disfellowshiped, So unqualified to offer advice on how to fade etc. But if i may I will add this. They only have as much controll and power over you as YOU give them.

You dont have to return thier calls.

You dont have to answer thier questions

You dont have to go to thier bullshit kangaroo court.

Once your out you will realise how insignificant,sad and pitiful they really are.

Well done this is a big moment and I for one am very happy to hear your finally breaking free.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I had planned on fading but couldn't be bothered with the harassment so I disassociated.

I still got harassed a lot between the day I handed my letter to the elders and when it was announced from the platform nearly 2 weeks later.

I've been free for almost a year now and I'm loving my freedom and my life, I have lots of new friends and my children are happy and looking forward to Christmas!

There's no easy way to leave so you have to do what works best for you. I hope it goes well!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Following up on scrumffmcbuff:

You dont have to return thier calls.

When, or if you are confronted with this, simply say you are very busy, you wanted to call back, its on your list of things to do, but keep having to priorities other things.

You dont have to answer thier questions

Or answer with vague questions. When they ask why you stopped, simply say you need to work things out and will get back to them when the time is right. NEVER share your doubts or position. Everything you say can and will be used against you.

You dont have to go to thier bullshit kangaroo court.

You should do everything you can to avoid such a meeting in the first place. If they decided to hold one and you don't attend, you will be dissfellowshipped. Instead, deny any accusation made. Most people are disfellowshipped because they confess.

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Exactly.

I don't plan on telling them anything other than I need a break and I won't even bother responding to their calls.

The worst obstacle will be family. They're the main reason I can't just leave. It'll hurt them and they won't understand because this damn cult has them blinded completely. I hope it collapses soon, but who are we kidding. They're not going to. They have way too much money and lots of years of experience manipulating weak minds.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Sorry, what does PIMO and POMO mean?

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Pimo- physically in mentally out (physically you're going to the meetings but mentally you don't believe any of it).

Pomo- physically out mentally out (you've left).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Tell those inquisitive elders that you want to keep your conscious clean as a Christian by following the words of Jesus Christ and therefore you can no longer support what is now realized by many that the Watchtower Corporation. / JWorg. is truly commercialized false prophet .

Place the guilt and shame onto them, its easy if you use the Bible.

Be polite and respectful.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Have you considered the tactic of moving to a new congregation, going o the meetings until your publisher card arrives then just stop going?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit