PIMO to POMO

by MaybeSo 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Just cease to exist to them. You have made your decision for yourself. THey are no part of it.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The family and very close friends part is very difficult. The only reason I didn't want to be dissfellowshiped was because of them.

Hence, I took the decision to tell my personal views to them and figured that if they wanted to tell the elders, so let it be. However, this was a one time deal. Which meant that I was going to explain why and would no longer come back on that topic. I would expect them to respect my belief in the same way I was going to respect theirs.

Turns out that it worked for those I cared about. However, this won't work with everyone.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just be mild and calm, and say things like:

"Please respect appropriate boundaries. We'll contact you if we need your help in anyway. Have a nice day"

This shows that the conversation is closed down - and that you are not going to be pushed by them - and that you are not under their control.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

My experience was similar to StephaneLaliberte above. I intended to fade, but simply stopped going. My family found out a few months later. They told me that as long as I did nothing worthy of DFing, they would not cause the Elders to take action.

I eventually got the 2 Elder visit, but vaguely fielded their questions, and they went away empty handed, though I am sure the purpose of the visit was to force me to DA. Twice they asked me the "Loyalty" question, twice I simply ignored it. Long silence, then the conversation went elsewhere.

To this day, over a decade later, I am not DF'd or DA'd. I just left.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Twice they asked me the "Loyalty" question, twice I simply ignored it.

Or you can simply lie. Unless you believe everything they teach, these man will willingly break your family apart. There is nothing wrong with anyone lying to enemies trying to hurt them and their family.

Back when I started my fade, I was asked "Do you believe we are Jehovah's organization? That we are the only true religion?" I said: "Of course I do! Where else could I go right? I just need to take a break from our regular schedule for right now."

On the other hand, when I was asked the very same question by my family, I was truthful to them.

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Tha ks everyone. I am not going to disclose how I'm going to go about this but it will be very similar or the same as some of you have suggested. This cult is getting worse by the minute.

• Giordano
    Giordano

If there is one thing the Jehovah's Witnesses are guilty of is hiding child abuse both sexual and psychical.

Jesus said 'do not hinder the children from coming to me.' It's right up there with the two witness rule Jesus supported. However he never mentioned that it applied to abused children.

Child abuse especially sexual abuse is a crime. People go to jail for many years over child sexual abuse......... sometimes for life. Many JW's were protected from the police as the Elders treated it as a sin.

Simply say you have done the research......... point out the ARC and responsible newspapers and news sources...... not anything that looks like an ex JW forum or web site.

This is what has stumbled you and why you are going to wait until the JW's resolve this problem. Let you know when they have settled all the law suits and treat this abuse as the crime it is.

And that's it............ nothing else needs to be said.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

I basically just moved and said I'm not going anymore this is the reason. I brought up ARC and the concealment of pedos. Basically that I find it extremely crooked that not a single GB member has any ethics to stand up and admit wrongdoing! In addition they won't even say that they have had to take donations and pay these lawsuits.

After a couple discussions I haven't heard back. Haven't been dfed yet either. I don't think they will come after me unless I start reaching out to tell all. But my concern is family. I only have 4 left in and I think if I reach 1 it could be the dominoes effect. If I get my extended family out it's game on WT!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Giordano: Simply say you have done the research......... point out the ARC and responsible newspapers and news sources...... not anything that looks like an ex JW forum or web site.

This is risky as this will result in a conversation where the elders will try to connect this to some fault they can take actions on. You give these abusers one inch, they will take 10 yards to the goal post. These people do not care about you the slightest. So why should you care about them by sharing any kind of information? If you want to fade, the risk is to great to bring up anything negative at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit