"Weak People Become Jehovah's Witnesses"

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Somebody recently expressed that point of view to me. Do you agree with that???

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I feel that to be a foolish generalization.

j

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

erm. no

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I don't know that I'd use the word "weak", but I might use the word "vulnerable".

Like every other high-control organization, I think JWs tend to recruit people who are vulnerable to their sales-pitch for a variety of reasons, and therefore more succeptible to falling for the whole "We have the key to everlasting life and happiness" schtick.

I think the presence of so many ex-jw's on a site like this one is compelling evidence against the inherent "weakness" of JWs. The strength it takes to leave and rebuild a life outside of the org is astounding.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

That would mean that most of us on this forum are weak. We know that's not true.

edited:

Sorry Sara, we must have posted at the same time.

• Joker10
    Joker10

puh-lease.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No minimus I do not -- I am not being arrogant but I know I am not a weak person/personality but I became a witness

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

I wasn't weak BUT I was young (17), "raised in the truth" and just following what seemed to be the natural progression of things by getting baptized.

• avishai
    avishai

Naive? Gullible? Incapable of real critical thinking? Needy? Yes.

Weak? Possibly.

Does going thru it and having to survive afterwards w/ little to no support from everyone you know, along w/ heaps of abuse endured at their hands make you stronger if you come out at the other end of the rabbit hole? Definitely. There are very few people who can understand the tremendous strength it takes to escape. And come out alive or sane.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Weak people, vulnerable people ... certainly are more susceptible to becoming jw. The love bombing of lonely people pursuades others. I was probably all of those things.

I also got into therapy and learned to empower myself. Then I no longer fit in with the dub-life ... seemed like a gr-r-r-rreat time to leave!

So I did!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit