How do some of these rumours start?

by joenobody 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

There have been lots of rumors about my husband. Funny, nothing about me.

We've heard that he:

1. started his own religion
    2. celebrates Christmas in July
    3. has an apostate website
    4. calls everyone we know, trying to tell them things about the org.
    5. has written a book
    6. will sue the WTS if he is df'd.

The truth is:

1. he has not
    2. we celebrate in December like normal people
    3. wouldn't know how to do that, barely knows how to bring up the money program, and can't do email unless I show him how every single time
    4. never has done that
    5. that was my cousin's husband, also named Dave
    6. no............doesn't care

We've wondered where these things come from too.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

...so your brother is no longer "a brother"; but he is now "your" brother again. Sounds great to me .

/<

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

JW rumors are the result of farts allowed to become shitty ideas because someone forgot to pull someone's finger!

Frannie B

• toreador
    toreador

Never never hold in a fart because the pressure makes them travel up your spine and they get into your brain and thats where all those shitty ideas come from.

• Purple
    Purple

Gosh everytime I see a witness I learn something new about myself...been pregnant...moved interstate.....got remarried...had more children.....and all other things. Wish I had! Well one rumour was true that I left my husband, left the truth and am happier than I have ever been.

I am afraid its the consequence of women leading unfulfilled, empty lives being jealous of those who don't! If they had more to do with their daily lives they would not have the time to gossoip! Imagine if they worked full time, brought up their children, looked after their house and gardens, went to meetings and still spent weekends witnessing and associating. They would be too tired to gossip and not be that interested. Instead most of them dont work and dont have a lot to do. Realise that they are getting the short end of the stick and are treated appalingly by their partners and the society in general, are treated as airheads with no thoughts or opinions and so on. Gossiping is their only out so to speak! Some sisters you may as well have said that if they didnt gossip they didn't speak or have anything to talk about!

Very sad, but very true.....

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Definitely the rumors fly more about people who have left the organization. Maybe the ones who are in need to convince themselves how "evil" those who leave are in order to feel better about their own misplaced loyalty.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Loveroftruth said - Sad to say, the rumors that seem to spread the fastest are when bad things happen to those on the outside. They thrive on Negativity (Not their fault of course; that's how they've been programmed)

This is it in a nutshell - -Armageddon and Death and Destruction are just around the corner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit