Being cyber stalked by an elder - and how I dealt with it!๐Ÿ˜‰

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah...this is funny!

My Instagram is set to public . I have nothing to hide. I often post stirring posts that might be taken as digs against the religion. I also just post stuff about my life in general - not related to the religion. I have lots of fellow exjw followers, and I follow lots back. (Some from this very forum!)

So about a month back, I posted a picture on my Instagram account showing myself, jwfacts, unstuck and wake me up before you joho when we got together to watch the new Apostasy movie.

I've posted quite a bit since then.

So on Sunday, I got a "like" on that post from one of the elders in the congregation we were in! We know him well, but he has never been a follower of me, nor do I follow him. So he has obviously been stalking my account, and along with other elders, must be seeing what I'm up to! I reckon he has ACCIDENTALLY pressed "like" while trying to magnify the pictures on that post! He has not "liked" anything else from me...just that ONE post.

So I had some fun with it! Instead of ignoring it, I posted a comment back to him on the public post:

"Hi @________. Interesting to see that you're following my account and "liked" this post. Hope you are keeping well๐Ÿ˜€"

No reply from him.

So what do you all think?!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol i would say its exactly as you described. He accidently like the post as he was scrolling... or maybe he is pimo and letting you know ;)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I doubt he is PIMO Morph. It would be nice, but I doubt it.

His wife was the bitch who started the gossip chain off about me several years back, and actively told jw friends who were following me on Instagram to block me. (Not that I care)

• LV101
    LV101

Awesome -- it's great you're able to post "digs" re/ the religion and the pharisee is reading! Maybe there is a god after all and you'll be able to warn the world about his gossy-wife, etc.

Keep us updated!

• Simon
    Simon

Is that really cyberstalking though ... really?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I wonder if he wasn't accidently doing anything but was more sending a message to you. An I've got my eyes on you and see what's up. I think it's more of a power move, as what are the chances that just happened to be the one he accidentally clicked like on. Just my opinion, but who knows. I like that you confronted it straight up.

It would be awesome if he was awake and letting you know, but he could do that via pm rather than exposing himself like that.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm going to give you an experience that happened in my Cong. A few years back I got a friends request on face book from the PO in my Cong. I accepted and thought fine. I found out a couple of weeks latter what he was up to. He was gathering information so he could do a local needs talk on it beating all the young ones up who was on it. Although I had nothing to hide and I was happy to accept him, if I had known what he was up to I would of never accepted him. I was so disgusted (I was PIMI at the time) that I Immediatly went home to block him, but found that he had already closed his account. Wanker

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I have a public Instagram and business Facebook page and every now and then I'll see that a JW from my congregation likes something or makes a comment and I'll think 'so you are watching me, are you?'

I do think they watch us, if they can.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Fair point Simon. Perhaps "cyber-stalking" is the wrong expression. I'll accept that.

I do think its odd that he just "liked" that one post. Nothing else.

Maybe he is just saying "I know what you are up to!"

I say "Good!".

• TD
    TD

creeping

--Following what is going on in someone's life by watching their status messages on Instant Messengers such as MSN, and their updates to their social networking profiles on websites like Facebook or Instagram.

Akin to stalking in the real world, but usually done to people who are your friends that would normally share this information with you, however you're just too busy to keep up conversation with them.

Example - "I see you've got a new cat, dumped your girlfriend, moved to a new apartment, had a fight with your sister, and your goldfish died. Yes, it's true, I've been creeping you, just been so busy with finals that I haven't had a chance to call or write until now."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit