Were Most Of The Elders "On The Ball" In Your Congregation?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

In the main congregation that I went to, all the elders were "with it." No dopey ones in that hall.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

My wife and I have been in serveral congregations over the years and I am proud to say I never took on the grave responsibilty of being a JW elder. Some elders are way too complient to the higher ups in the WT and CO's. and are big butt kissers. Most are power hungry, hippocritical, negliglent of thier own families, and narrow minded, that is just to start with. I wont go in to the way they all dress, shave, walk and talk like a bunch of clones. They are all men leading a bunch of nice people down a path of wasted life and time. They burn up relationships, burn bridges like they are a dime a dozen. Some elders overlook or share in child and spouse abuse. Shame on most all of them! Hitler was on the ball, so was Saddam until someone knocked his ball out from under him. The JW elders will pay thier dues too some day.

• minimus
    minimus

Most elders that WANTED to extend "mercy" were prevented from doing so because of rules the Society made them adhere to. The ones that followed whatever directive given them by "mother" were clones and drones anyway. Robots don't care.

• blondie
    blondie

I know the type, min, ROBO-ELDERS.--Blondie

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I grew up In NYC so we had a body of elders most of whom were from Bethel. And a few of them had the additional title of "Bethel Elder", sort of like a sergeant in the Marines, drill instructor and gunnery etc. I always found however that the local elders who lived in the neighborhood who were family men with jobs, while not as good at public speaking and org rules and regs were more sincere. They were more understanding and not as overrighteous. Not great public speakers but were good teachers.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

they are non thinking people. so how on the ball can they be. the best that they can be is to regurgitate what the socity tells them to.

if any of them had an original thought they would have to keep it under their hat so to speak. most of them from my exp. only care about one thing, that is to keep their position, so they can get the golf claps from the rest of the mind numb robots. they seem to crave this attention.

the only thing I can figure is mom and dad did not give them enough attention when they were growing up. my old partner daryl k. from vanderbiult would go through fire to make it to meeting if he had a talk. but would miss one when he had no part. you could tell he loved getting up on stage and getting his share of the lime light. I sware if they could they would install spot lights and turn down the house lights and run from the back of the hall to the stage when they were introduced.

I always thought sunday would be good, dim down the house lights and throw up the spot and the anouncer would say all the way from [insert cong. here] for 2 hours only. [insert persons name here] and the person giving the talk would run to the stage. co's at the end of there first talk would say thanks I'll be here all week. I know many of the elders and co's would love it.

• minimus
    minimus

Tell me more about the "BETHEL ELDER", please.

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Most were fairly on the ball. Most of the older generation elders had died off. We had one though who thought it would be ok to tell his wife a few things that were going on. Within a week the entire cong would know more details than the elders. One leak became so serious that the CO made his visit and the DO came with him. That BOE meeting was like a reaming and a half. We had a real doosy of a school overseer. He barely had mastery over the english language. The cong would almost burst out with laughter when this elder would counsel some poor publisher on a point from the guidebook when he himself was the worst offender.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

A Bethelite, no matter where, farm, patterson,brooklyn, could be a elder in the congregation he is assigned to. However he may not be a bethel elder. That comes later and is considered an additional title and is given to one considered a "heavy". I remember in Brooklyn Bethel they had a list of the Bethel elders. Generally they held the overseer titles of depts. and were the table heads, floor captains, building overseers. Something like communist China, where there is someone in charge of every facet of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit