My story

by victory 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• victory
    victory

My name is Collins. I am from Nigeria. I was born in the year 1997. I was raised by witness parents. I was baptized as a jw in the year 2008. I was judicially reproved in the year 2008. I was appointed to serve as a regular pioneer in the year 2013. I knew about this forum in the year 2014 when I was doing some research in the jw library online. I woke up from my cognitive dissonance in the year 2014. I disassociated from the jw.org cult in the year 2016 by writing my resignation letter to the cult elders. I am now being shunned by all my fake friends in the congregation. I still attend cult meetings because my cult parents force me to do so and I am still living with them. After I left the cult, I am now in higher education.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hello Collins and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

• steve2
    steve2

Hello Collins and welcome

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, especially the shunning. Baptism is a religious trap. You were baptized really young (age 11) - it is such a big decision that it should only be allowed when you are much older.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Welcome and while at the meetings be sure and laugh out loud at the stupidity, roll your eyes a lot, snicker and pass a lot of gas.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    Hi victory. Your story is inspiring. I'm sorry about your family but it's awesome that you are getting educated. Welcome aboard.
  • Listener
    Listener

Welcome Victory.

How are they supposed to keep the congregations clean and allow the flow of the holy Spirit if they force apostates to attend?

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Victory!

Like your name and you keep getting an education and you truly will be victorious.

Very nice to meet you and welcome.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Wow, I can very much relate to this, I got baptized around 10 too, though I didn't get reproved until several years later. (They formed a judiciary committee for a 10/11-year-old? Wow! That is crazy.) I too am in an institution for higher education, disfellowshipped, and being compelled to go to meetings even though I hate them. I hope things work out well for both of us.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi,

I'm a Prince of the Polaski tribe here in America and you have just won a lottery grand prize, which is the Israelite Ark of the Covenant!

Please send me $5,000.00 (US) to cover the postage so we can mail your prize to you. For security reasons we cannot allow you to come here to pick up your authentic Israelite Ark of the Covenant.

• zeb
    zeb

Welcome aboard. Be true to yourself and enjoy your education. What area are you studying if I may ask?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit