I'm in a Bob Seger frame of mind..................

by Sunnygal41 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Terri...I love Bob. I'm gonna go waaayyy back to '69.

This was one my sister loved...it reminds me of her when I hear it.

Ramblin' Gamblin' Man--Bob Segar/ Silver Bullet Band

Yeah, I'm gonna tell my tale come on,
    Come on, give a listen

Cause I was born lonely down by the riverside
    Learned to spin fortune wheels, and throw dice
    And I was just thirteen when I had to leave home
    Knew I couldn't stick around, I had to roam
    Ain't good looking, but you know I ain't shy (my favorite line)

Ain't afraid to look it girl, hear me out
    So if you need some lovin, and you need it right away
    Take a little time out, and maybe I'll stay

But I got to ramble (ramblin' man)
    Oh I got to gamble (gamblin' man)
    Got to got to ramble (ramblin' man)
    I was born a ramblin' gamblin' man

Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah alright here we go now now
    I'm out of money, cause you know I need some
    I ain't around to love you now, and I gotta run
    Gotta keep moving, never gonna slow down
    You can have your funky world, see you 'round

She's probably saying this line right now, wherever she is.....

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Tatiana: Isn't music wonderful it can bringa moment back to you in crystal clarity.

I hear the refrain "Jerimiah was a bullfron" and I am seven on the Afton-Gilly farm, it is late summer. I can see it and I can smell it the two large ponds and the fence I am sitting on and my sister is 15 and has long dark hair and she is talking to her friends leaning in a car adn the music is coming from the AM station.

With Bob Seger "Night Moves" Reminds me of my brother when I was in my teens I see him singing the song....

Ahhhhhhhhhh those were the days

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Sheila...I know exactly what you mean. Why is it that you forget so much in your life, but if you connect a song to any particular thing, it comes back like it was yesterday? In vivid detail.

I can remember how my sister and I weren't allowed to listen to any "worldly" music. So, when we went out in field service, we couldn't wait for it to be my mom's and Sister Jenson's "turn" to go to the door. (We were about 11 and 12) As soon as they shut the car door, we'd turn up the radio. (No tape deck then)

One of us would keep watch, while the other would find a good station. The songs that stand out in my mind are Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky", and Cornelius Bros. & Sister Rose' "Treat Her Like a Lady." She loved The Grassroots' "Midnight Confession."

I can see her blue dress, white socks, and black patent leather shoes. I can see the green leaves on the trees blowing outside the window.

We would pray that the person at the door would want to "discuss" the Bible at length. That gave us more time to sing our little hearts out!!!

We did get carried away and forget to keep watch a few times. So we got caught, and got a good beating. But, in retrospect, it was worth it!!

• wednesday
    wednesday

My fav is "Fire Down Below" it is so good. I really like the way better Midler did it in "Rose" gave it a wild kick. will go try and find lyrics

• wednesday
    wednesday

Here comes old Rosie she's looking mighty fine Here comes hot Nancy she's steppin' right on time There go the street lights bringin on the night Here come the men faces hidden from the light All through the shadows they come and they go With only one thing in common They got the fire down below Here comes the rich man in his big long limousine Here comes the poor man all you got to have is green Here comes the banker and the lawyer and the cop One thing for certain it ain't never gonna stop When it all gets too heavy That's when they come and go With only one thing in common They got the fire down below It happens out in Vegas happens in Moline On the blue blood streets of Boston Up in Berkeley and out in Queens And it went on yesterday and it's going on tonight Somewhere there's somebody ain't treatin' somebody right And he's looking out for Rosie and she's looking mighty fine And he's walking the streets for Nancy And he'll find her everytime When the street light flicker bringing on the night Well they'll be slipping into darkness slipping out of sight All through the midnight Watch 'em come and watch 'em go With only one thing in common They got the fire down below

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit